Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Added pillion and sissy bar to Bob.

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2006, 10:16 AM
mikeurig
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Added pillion and sissy bar to Bob.

I use to call it a "Bitch-kit"

"Bitch, that seat ain't for you, it's for my T-bag when I go cruising the USA, If you want to ride get your own bike".

Old 05-14-2006, 10:34 AM
budwfo
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You should have installed a lower sissy bar, the only reason most women want them there is to keep from sliding off when you go "WIDE FRICKIN OPEN" on the throttle, hence the term "sissy bar", gives your woman a false since of security,,hehe..I am going with a Slammer style 2 up seat and a under seat mounted mini sissy bar(plug and play style) on my Drag Bob...

Old 05-14-2006, 01:32 PM
Rhode Warrior
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bitch kit.

Old 05-15-2006, 02:29 AM
ss377
Road Captain

I have had the seat on and off several times and the only marks are from the suction cups and so far they come out with a little HD glaze and a very soft cloth. My lady weights under 130 but we did bottom out bad enough that the tire rubbed the turn signal wires in
two. Even after that, the marks where like I said. Right now the only thing I have to watch out for is the cups want to stay on the fender. No problem, they come right off.
Good luck
Joe

Old 05-16-2006, 02:08 AM
StBobBobby
Novice

I just finished installing the same seat but I have a few questions. The seat feels loose in the center, I can lift it up almost an inch. The plate the connects the the two seats is made of plastic and had some flex in it is that the cause? Also how did anyone get the passager foot rest bracket on the left side? does the entire rear end of the bike have to be loosened?

Old 05-16-2006, 02:27 AM
phreak
Road Master

phor the left side passenger phoot rest bracket, take the belt guard off.

Put a box wrench around your torx bit, and use that phor the leverage you need to unscrew the bolt. Then you wont need to drop the wheel, and take the belt off.

Old 05-16-2006, 09:27 PM
StBobBobby
Novice

OK, Prob #2. Now I have installed the Turn signal extender kit so I can put on the removable sissy bar. Now the bolt that goes through the fender bottems out on the bracket behind the fender but the thing is still loose. Both sides, what did I do wrong?

Old 05-16-2006, 09:31 PM
anubisss
Banned
Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

My bike came with the wife kit, a sissy bar and custom seat, but it had all else I wanted on it. IT's not a bob, but i've been trying to figure a way to leave her at home...I just can't find a way around it unless i travel while shes working or leave the house while shes asleep. Its tough with my quality problems...

[IMG]local://upfiles/7153/5019967286F043BC85683D16DA074E39.jpg[/IMG]

Old 05-16-2006, 11:00 PM
Protrucker
Tourer

ORIGINAL: StBobBobby

OK, Prob #2. Now I have installed the Turn signal extender kit so I can put on the removable sissy bar. Now the bolt that goes through the fender bottems out on the bracket behind the fender but the thing is still loose. Both sides, what did I do wrong?

I had the same problem. I went back to the dealer & got some chrome flat washers to take up the space......haven't had a chance to put them back on yet though. They should have run the threads a little farther up the new studs.

Old 05-17-2006, 12:40 AM
ss377
Road Captain

SBB, I did not mean to mislead anyone, but my two up seat is a one piece Sundowner. I have read in other posts about a metal connector someone used with the solo and pillion. As for the rear peg mounts, I did the same thing that phreak did.
Joe

Quick Reply: Added pillion and sissy bar to Bob.