Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Helmets : half shell or full face???

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2006, 06:33 AM
Rauzer
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Helmets : half shell or full face???

I've got a full-face Scorpion. Been thinking of getting a half helmet for little around town rides, but they look so big on my head. I'll probably end up getting one of the HD full face helmets or at least a solid colored scorpion. My current helmet looks very Squidly.

Old 05-11-2006, 08:25 AM
overthehill
Cruiser

I have a full face for those cold days and a half helmet for the hot days. I got a windvest after getting clobbered in the chest too many times by big bugs and a stinging bug of some kind getting in my sleeve. OOUCHHH!!!

Old 05-11-2006, 09:41 AM
jt1965
Road Captain

Full face helmet for me. All my buddies give me a hard time for it but hey it's my head not theirs. And I did not buy my bike for them I bought it for me.

I am looking at getting a half helmet for short trips. But I always wear my fullface when I go to work. I have a 54 mile commute.

Old 05-11-2006, 11:40 AM
superglidn
3rd Gear

i cannt wear a full face.. plugs and dermil punches in the cartilage so its a half for me, if its cold out or the bugs are bad i wear a mask and always ear plugs on the highway to cut the wind noise but supprsingly enough everyone i ride with dossent wear a helment and have recieved no flack for mine but like its been said i ride for me and if somethn goes wrong i want to go home at the end of the day

Old 05-11-2006, 12:40 PM
XL Junkie
Advanced

I was walking out of a local dive bar on bike night holding my Harley full face helmet and one of the guys says to me, "Where's your crotch rocket?" The owner of the bar was walking with me and knew the guy. He corrected him politely before I got the chance to correct him my way. Being a younger guy I've got a whole lot of life to live ahead of me and I'd like to live it, and live it with my jaw intact. It's full face for me everywhere except for a select few quiet local low speed limit roads where I wear the skully.

Old 05-11-2006, 01:39 PM
PJM NY
Intermediate

I wear a flip-up full face, the Shoei Syncrotech. You can flip-up the face to talk or whatever without taking off the whole helmet off. Once you get used to a full face its fine. I definitely get funny looks from other harley riders, but are we suppose to wear a uniform? Do whatever you want.

Old 05-11-2006, 01:41 PM
veniculum
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: XL Junkie

I was walking out of a local dive bar on bike night holding my Harley full face helmet and one of the guys says to me, "Where's your crotch rocket?" The owner of the bar was walking with me and knew the guy. He corrected him politely before I got the chance to correct him my way. Being a younger guy I've got a whole lot of life to live ahead of me and I'd like to live it, and live it with my jaw intact. It's full face for me everywhere except for a select few quiet local low speed limit roads where I wear the skully.
After he asked you "where's your crotch rocket", did you ask him "where's your wife?" What a c*cksucker, c*nt, douchbag, pr*ckf*ck....there aren't enough words to describe that kind of tool. I hope you leveled that dolt!

Todd

Old 05-11-2006, 02:17 PM
Omen666
Advanced

I ride with a shoei x11 fullface for those "I just want to keep my face where it is days". The rest of the harley guys here in NY pretend I don't excist. While spitting rocks out and sucking bugs from their teeth, I sit there and pretend that the rejection doesn't hurt.

Old 05-11-2006, 02:30 PM
SUPER01
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a half helmet with a zipper-in thing to keep the ears warm for the 30-40 degree days of riding.
Never liked a full face, didn't like how you couldn't see as well to the side.

Old 05-11-2006, 02:32 PM
XL Junkie
Advanced

My way of responding would have been similar to yours if the bar owner hadn't stepped in.

ORIGINAL: veniculum

After he asked you "where's your crotch rocket", did you ask him "where's your wife?" What a c*cksucker, c*nt, douchbag, pr*ckf*ck....there aren't enough words to describe that kind of tool. I hope you leveled that dolt!

Todd

Quick Reply: Helmets : half shell or full face???