Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Project Black out FatBOB

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2009, 02:07 PM
Los11
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Default Project Black out FatBOB

So I finally finished up the Bob, did all chrome into gloss black and flat black.. I orderd the rear black progressives they should be here tomorrow.. I needed the bike tuned so I threw on a Cheap Sucker I am probably gonna do a Goodson with the cover powdered gloss black. I did the rocker boxes in flat black everything else Gloss. I was also thinking of doing the Harley Black Rear tail light the one that they make for the bobtail fender not sure on that. What do you guys think leave the rotors alone or they need to be black too?

cell phone pic but her she is

Old 05-14-2009, 02:42 PM
rounder
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

A little contrast is good... Leave the rotors and maybe change the rear one to match the fronts. Bike looks great.

Old 05-14-2009, 02:53 PM
jimbobob
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks good! I think it would look good with black disks all around...but thats a lot of cheese.

Old 05-14-2009, 03:37 PM
Redbeard
Stellar HDF Member
Received 67 Likes on 46 Posts

I like the contrast of denim and gloss black. It allows you to get away with more without the black being overdone.

Old 05-14-2009, 04:20 PM
dpriest
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

really looks good. gloss and flat black contrast is nice. I think black rotors would be killer.

Old 05-14-2009, 04:28 PM
Pablo22
Road Warrior
Received 49 Likes on 24 Posts

BRILLIANT! I am going to powdercoat my wheels, but I'm concerned about the rotors - wonder if you can get em in black.

Old 05-14-2009, 05:03 PM
Centerline
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Los11
So I finally finished up the Bob, did all chrome into gloss black and flat black.. I orderd the rear black progressives they should be here tomorrow.. I needed the bike tuned so I threw on a Cheap Sucker I am probably gonna do a Goodson with the cover powdered gloss black. I did the rocker boxes in flat black everything else Gloss. I was also thinking of doing the Harley Black Rear tail light the one that they make for the bobtail fender not sure on that. What do you guys think leave the rotors alone or they need to be black too?

cell phone pic but her she is
Oh Yeah, THAT's what I'm talkin' about! Nice

Old 05-14-2009, 05:16 PM
mrperez
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like it. I'm thinking of doing the same to the wheels on mine. I'm not going all out with the black out.

Old 05-14-2009, 05:32 PM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

black out those rotors! they can be done black no worries! just did a set on a road king... mine have been done for 2 years
just be sure your powder coater knows what they are doing while taping them off and blasting... if they blast where they are not supposed to that will ruin the rotor

Old 05-14-2009, 09:22 PM
AdrianVall
Elite HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts

Beautiful!!!!!!!!!! Looks awesome man, even though its a crappy cell phone pic. Damn I love those fat bobs with blacked out rims. Looks amazing!

Quick Reply: Project Black out FatBOB