Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Extended Kury controls - didn't know what I was missing

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2009, 01:41 PM
2007fxdc
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Extended Kury controls - didn't know what I was missing

After a long charity ride a couple of weeks ago, I realized how much I was moving my feet around after a while trying to get some extension in my legs. When I bought my forward controls, I purchased standard Kuryakyn controls on purpose because I thought they were fine. Their recommended cutoff for the standards is 33" inseam and mine is only 34". Buzzing around town and on the backroads for short distances, I was find. But my legs were really itchin for a stretch on that long ride. I considered Kury's cruise mounts on my existing controls or replacing them with Kury's extended forward controls. I finally decided I want my feet to always be where the controls are - especially the brake pedal, so I went with the extended controls. I bought from Eastern Performance for $315 shipped and had them in 2 days, as always. I finally got some time to mount them up today. I haven't ridden yet but just sitting on the bike, I can tell they are made for me. Still have enough bend in my knee for my legs not to get tired of literally hanging from the footpegs and to be able to control the bike but am a lot more stretched out at the same time. I was a little concerned about them looking strange sticking out so far. And they still look strange when you look at the closeup pix Kury puts out. But, on the bike, the look just fine in person. The one thing I didn't like is that they apparently now ship these with a very wide brake pedal. Left no room for my toes. So, I swapped it out with the one from my old forwards.

I know you guys are probably going to ask for pix (I would). But my bike is in the barn and is nasty from a little rain shower during a stop on the ride. And I need to get back to work. So, for now, here are Kury's marketing pix showing the standard controls, extended controls, and the difference between the two. I've always said my best mod was forward controls. Well, modifying them with extended ones is even better. Best mod yet.

Old 05-12-2009, 02:51 PM
markeejay
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

fitted them last year - makes an interesting ride - plan to powder coat them next winter

Attached Thumbnails Extended Kury controls - didn't know what I was missing-dyna-side.jpg  
Old 05-12-2009, 02:57 PM
r00k
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, it's all about dialing in the fit. Once you do that the miles just slip on by.

Old 05-12-2009, 03:19 PM
Spastik
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice! I am still tryin to get used to my normal forward controls and I'm 6'1" lol

The change from my old sportbike to the Fatty is weird, but a good weird. Does the couple more inches make that much of a difference from the stock forward?

Old 05-12-2009, 04:02 PM
2007fxdc
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I think it's 3" difference which is weird because the extension kit they sell for HD forwards is only 2". Makes a huge difference for me. However, I would say they are right on with the 33" recommendation. Any shorter leg than that and you'd have problems with the extended forwards unless you got a reach seat or something.

Old 05-12-2009, 05:56 PM
nathanw
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have the exact same controls and love them. I have a 36" inseam.

Old 05-12-2009, 05:57 PM
SuperFastGlide
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

love mine im 6'4''

Old 05-13-2009, 10:07 AM
Unimoose
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I LOVE the 3" extensions on my bike, I'm 6'4 as well and they make a world of difference! To add to it I sent the Badlander seat to Mean City Cycles and had the rider position moved back 1". Just enough stretch for long trips without putting stuff out of reach.