Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BAM.....I got rearended!

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2009 | 12:34 PM
donr101395
|
Extreme HDF Member
Angry BAM.....I got rearended!

So I'm on my way to work this morning at 7:30 and while stopped at a stop sign waiting for crossing traffic, bam I get rear ended. No damage to me other than a little stiffness starting to set in. The guy just got off mids and was taking his kids to school. Tired and not paying attention. Not sure what scared him more, hitting me or me jumping up from the ground with some colorful language and looking like I was ready rip his head off. Now for the bike damage: rear fended smashed, turn signals bent/broken/smashed, tail light smashed, plate mount bent, exhaust dented and scraped, right side hand control scraped, bars tweaked, right forward control scaped.
I was able to go home get some tools and remove the tail light housing so I could bend the fender out enough to ride it home.
I have to say I'm impressed with both Allstate(mine) and Progressive(his) insurance. The accident took place across the street from my agent so while I was waiting for my wife to pick me up I walked over and he called progressive for me and within an hour I had an adjustor assigned who called me and wanted to know where I was taking the bike so he could meet me.

Old 05-12-2009 | 12:40 PM
pte359
Tourer

Do not let them cut any corners on your repair, they may try to get out of paying for any non stock parts you have added. Do not hesitate to go get checked out also many accident victims put it off and when the problem pops up it is to late to claim it on their insurance...

Old 05-12-2009 | 12:41 PM
Grind
Road Master

Damn, that sucks. Glad you're OK.

Time to bob the fender and go side-mount plate?

Old 05-12-2009 | 12:42 PM
JekyllnHyde
Outstanding HDF Member

Geez...sorry to hear that. Good thing it didn't end up worse. I hope you get your bike back up and looking good soon. Maybe you'll get some extra insurance cash and do some mods you may have been thinking about.

Old 05-12-2009 | 12:44 PM
JRK5892
Banned

glad you are OK!!!

Old 05-12-2009 | 12:45 PM
07bobber
Ultimate HDF Member

dayum !!!!!!! SORRY TO HEAR THAT...GLAD YOUR ALRIGHT!!!

Old 05-12-2009 | 12:46 PM
SuperglideKen
Road Captain

I just had lunch and about lost it when I saw these pictures! Nice to hear you were not hurt, but
when you wake up tomorrow with a sore and stiff neck be sure and go to the emergency room.

Old 05-12-2009 | 12:48 PM
compgeek789
Tourer

Damn! That fender is painful to look at. Amazing that you and the bike were both ok enough to ride away. Any idea how fast the guy was going at the point of impact?

Glad you're good, brother.

Cheers,
J

Old 05-12-2009 | 12:50 PM
883 IRON
Tourer

Sorry to hear about this misfortune.
Just my .02, the damage to the bike and the potential for personal injury are two separate issues. Dont be too quick to settle on your personal injury or potential for. You maybe a little sore today but could get worse later. good luck. In our state PIP is ten grand, should at least get somethin for all the pain and suffering your going through, hire a personal injury attorney to help you out, you will be way ahead in the long run.
SS

Old 05-12-2009 | 12:52 PM
1skrewsloose
Outstanding HDF Member

Glad you're alright. Almost ironic, Put on all kinds of miles on the road and involved in an accident standing still.

Quick Reply: BAM.....I got rearended!