Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BAM.....I got rearended!

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2011 | 10:00 AM
stilup
Road Warrior

Two years ago I put my bike down to avoid a collision as a driver not paying attention crossed to made a left turn right in front of me. It was drop it or suffer.
There was 5 cars behind him going straight in the left a line waitng a the intersection on the right along with a telephone pole to the right.
I ended up dropping and end over end flipping and then rolling backwards hopping that I didn't get run over. I used my left forearm as a brake as I was upside down dragging the pavement.
I got up to everyones amazzement. I was in shock and didn't realize that my thumb was broken.
I refused medical and walked my bike back to work and had the dealer pick it up.
I wasn't going to go to the doctor but my wife insisted and my friend insisted I call a lawyer.
Normally I wouln't but did as both advised.
I got my bike paid for plus.
Not a recomend way to get a new bike but I'm glad I followed their advise.
Don't feel too macho as to screw yourself out of compensation of pain and suffering.

Last edited by stilup; 02-12-2011 at 10:03 AM.
Old 02-12-2011 | 02:33 PM
combat_doc
Cruiser
Thumbs up

glad your ok and riding again that would have been some s$#t to get hit again glad you got out the way. do you have a gremlin bell? lol

Old 02-12-2011 | 04:58 PM
bobnehoc
Road Master

Sorry to hear this!!!! Glad you are alright and the scoot is not too banged up. Been there myself one too many times. Last June I lost my SB to the dreaded left turning SUV. My wife and I got banged up but nothing to bad. I had progressive and they were great. Payed for everything on my bike. Still battling it out with the other persons insurance as I did not want to settle to soon on the personal injury side of things. I just wanted to make sure there were not going to be any issues further on down the road. Should be settling in the next few weeks though. Good luck and don't settle to quickly on the personal injury side of things because once you sign off on that there is no double dipping....

Old 02-12-2011 | 05:30 PM
bigmikaele
Road Master

I hope the OP isn't having the same difficulties and has settled and back on the road considering it has been almost 2 years since he had the accident

Old 02-12-2011 | 07:21 PM
JHL-ShinySideUp
Road Master

Originally Posted by donr101395
What sucks is I just finished what was going to be "the last" upgrade Saturday.
Last upgrade? What is this "last upgrade?" I've never heard of such a thing.

Beena jeeper for a while - Just Empty Every Pocket. Glad my Dyna is just a Hundred Dollars.