Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BAM.....I got rearended!

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2009 | 08:31 PM
donr101395
|
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by jakeiniraq
Ouch! Glad to hear you're ok! I'm going to pass this link on to my son and remind him to be constantly watching his mirrors while stopped at stop signs/red lights.
Good call I hope he can learn from it. I changed my focus for an instant and that's all it took. I saw the guy when he was 300-400 yards behind me and then focused on the guy that was on the cross road. He stopped thinking I was going to dart across to get out of the way and I was confused trying to figure out why he stopped since he didn't have a stop sign and had the right of way. A lot of bikes have been hit broadside trying to cross that intersection because you have to cross two one way streets fed by the highway and separated by a median. It's a messed up intersection.
Hear is a drawing of the intersection, my stop sign is on the service road, the blue truck's stop sign is at the highway.

Old 05-12-2009 | 08:33 PM
greenyetti
Tourer

Glad you could walk away from it. (ride even after qwik fix)

Oh and KUDOS on not beatin' the **** outa the guy.

Old 05-12-2009 | 09:43 PM
blueglide88
Tourer
Default ok

hate to see the bike smashed up....but it can be fixed...the important thing is you're ok....

Old 05-12-2009 | 09:51 PM
donr101395
|
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by greenyetti
Glad you could walk away from it. (ride even after qwik fix)

Oh and KUDOS on not beatin' the **** outa the guy.

It crossed my mind and he knew it. After I calmed down and got over the adrenaline pump, he was actually a pretty nice guy who felt pretty bad for not paying attention. He had his kids(7 and 10) in the back seat that I didn't see initially, I actually felt bad for going off on him in front of his kids and scaring him back into the car. He and his wife came by while I was pulling the fender out to see if I needed anything like a coke, water or a hand. Hard to stay pissed at someone who comes back by later to see if they can get you something to drink while you work.............even if they did cause the work.

Old 05-12-2009 | 11:43 PM
SH_01FXDWG
Road Master

Man, Just glad you are not seriously hurt. I've had a few close calls like that. Really puckered the butthole. Both times it was somebody that looked liked they were trying to quickly make a call on the phone at the light. Saw one coming up kind of quick, the other unknowingly started scooting forward.

Old 05-13-2009 | 03:00 AM
'09fxdb
Tourer

Make sure your bike is as good as new or better and you are in good health....as for "pain and suffering" and all that money making crap...leave it for Jerry Springer...Happy to hear you are still kickin'....(get a broken wing patch and tell some stories)...

Last edited by '09fxdb; 05-13-2009 at 03:03 AM.
Old 05-13-2009 | 04:46 AM
scott_db
Cruiser

I know this is late in the thread but could not see the pics at work. That sucks about has much as it gets for your dyna. Good luck and dont trust the insurance people, they are looking out for themselves.

Old 05-13-2009 | 08:20 AM
shawn e.
Road Master

That bites! Glad that you are ok. I hope they get you back on the road soon.

Shawn

Old 05-13-2009 | 08:25 AM
Naz_Man
Outstanding HDF Member

oh man, sorry to see that kinda crap!!!!

Glad your OK!!!!!!!!!!!

Naz

Old 05-13-2009 | 08:34 AM
883 IRON
Tourer

Originally Posted by donr101395
Thanks and that's some great advice. The adjuster was moving pretty fast which is why I told him I'd give him a call tomorrow to meet. He's familiar with my indy's shop. He actually insisted we meet at a shop of my choosing with the bike so we could get a good estimate. I also wanted the night to make sure something more than normal aches and pains don't surface. Since I'm military I'll hit the clinic in the morning if something comes up or the ER on base tonight since one of my best friends is the ER doc on duty tonight and I trust his opinion on Dr. stuff.
I'm not out to make money off the thing, I just want it back the way it was 1 second before impact.

Just make sure you wear your neck brace when you meet the adjuster.
I can visualize what that might of been like having your bike shoot out from behind your legs leaving you to get the full impact of the front grill of the car, your damn lucky to be talking about this so soon.

Quick Reply: BAM.....I got rearended!