Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BAM.....I got rearended!

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2009 | 01:43 PM
ratt196635
Road Master

get a lawyer it took me until last month to get my money from the guys insurance who caused my crash back in march of last year. Glad to hear your alright.

Old 05-12-2009 | 01:46 PM
DSnoopy
Elite HDF Member

Dude, feel free to IM me with any insurance questions, as it is my field. Take it to your shop of choice and make the Progressive adjuster come to the shop to make it work with them.

Document your time with a diary, anything extra that you would not have done if you were not hit. Same for anyone who has to do anything for you, like give you a ride, etc. They owe you for your time as well.

Also, check your insurance for medical coverage and get checked out and document any and all pain/discomfort. Best of luck.

PS - Never jump the gun on a lawyer, but keep the option open. If injuries are minor, the insurance company cooperative (and your not looking to scam an insurance company for extra pain and suffering), a lawyer is often not needed.

Old 05-12-2009 | 01:56 PM
donr101395
|
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by DSnoopy
Dude, feel free to IM me with any insurance questions, as it is my field. Take it to your shop of choice and make the Progressive adjuster come to the shop to make it work with them.

Document your time with a diary, anything extra that you would not have done if you were not hit. Same for anyone who has to do anything for you, like give you a ride, etc. They owe you for your time as well.

Also, check your insurance for medical coverage and get checked out and document any and all pain/discomfort. Best of luck.

PS - Never jump the gun on a lawyer, but keep the option open. If injuries are minor, the insurance company cooperative (and your not looking to scam an insurance company for extra pain and suffering), a lawyer is often not needed.

Thanks and that's some great advice. The adjuster was moving pretty fast which is why I told him I'd give him a call tomorrow to meet. He's familiar with my indy's shop. He actually insisted we meet at a shop of my choosing with the bike so we could get a good estimate. I also wanted the night to make sure something more than normal aches and pains don't surface. Since I'm military I'll hit the clinic in the morning if something comes up or the ER on base tonight since one of my best friends is the ER doc on duty tonight and I trust his opinion on Dr. stuff.
I'm not out to make money off the thing, I just want it back the way it was 1 second before impact.

Old 05-12-2009 | 02:00 PM
DSnoopy
Elite HDF Member

Yeah, it's really scary how insurance works. People like to blame companies, but most often the adjuster can just be a real bad employee who is slow, behind on his work and does not give a crap. Where as the person next to him might be 100% on the ball. Makes a big difference on how the claim goes.

PS - Stay on that Progressive adjusters good side, and when they offer you a "Pain and Suffering" or "General Damages" check, counter with a 25% increase on their offer and work towards a middle from there.

May not be they way they do things, but it is the way that MANY do things. Shh, didn't hear it from me.

Old 05-12-2009 | 02:01 PM
domenicp7
Outstanding HDF Member

I glad you are ok, like all said they should take care of everything for you.

Old 05-12-2009 | 02:06 PM
dyna07custom
Outstanding HDF Member

glad your ok

Old 05-12-2009 | 02:09 PM
Black Bart
Road Master

Glad to hear that you're okay. Bike looks....ouch!!!
Well, if you were thinking of doing any upgrades this could be a sliver lining in that cloud you just rode.
Now to get out that list for the updgrades...

Bart

Old 05-12-2009 | 02:10 PM
Robottom
Road Master
Default Glad you're OK

Glad you're able to get home after that, looks like he!!.

Good thing you were wearing your reflective vest, that got his attention... hehe.

Looks like you're getting good advice and support, best of luck and hope it never happens again to anyone, yeah I know what world am I in.

t

Old 05-12-2009 | 02:13 PM
donr101395
|
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by Black Bart
Glad to hear that you're okay. Bike looks....ouch!!!
Well, if you were thinking of doing any upgrades this could be a sliver lining in that cloud you just rode.
Now to get out that list for the updgrades...

Bart

What sucks is I just finished what was going to be "the last" upgrade Saturday.

Old 05-12-2009 | 02:18 PM
donr101395
|
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by Robottom
Glad you're able to get home after that, looks like he!!.

Good thing you were wearing your reflective vest, that got his attention... hehe.

Looks like you're getting good advice and support, best of luck and hope it never happens again to anyone, yeah I know what world am I in.

t

Looks like he!!, but still rides good.............if you don't mind tweaked bars and sheet metal.

Yea, the power of the vest.

Quick Reply: BAM.....I got rearended!