Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

traded in street glide for fxdf

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2009, 06:38 AM
kappy
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default traded in street glide for fxdf

picked up my new fat bob yesterday,couldn't be happier to get rid of the streetglide. i had 95 fxd before and decided to go for something a little more comfortable in the streetglide.had the street glide for a year.what a mistake. traded the streetglide yesterday for a new dyna and what a difference. the fatbob handles great and with the stage one has a little get up and go. i have to agree with many of the other posts that the new brakes seem a little weak,supposedly they get better when broken in,we'll see. but otherwise its great to be back on a dyna again. had to rip a couple of holeshots for old time sake,the bike has great torque.

Old 05-09-2009, 06:51 AM
jaysonL
Elite HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

What didn't you like about the Street Glide ? They seem to be all the rage, and the guys I know, just love them.

Old 05-09-2009, 06:54 AM
bberck
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Welcome back

I test rode a Street Glide awhile back and it rode great but just wasnt for me.

Old 05-09-2009, 07:49 AM
SBRob
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,337 Likes on 1,718 Posts

Congrats and enjoy your new ride.

Old 05-09-2009, 08:10 AM
kappy
Intermediate

i liken it to having a cadillac,the streetglide is a nice bike,but i don't care for the way it handles, it is a touring bike . but i have ridden my old fxd from philly to bike week in daytona and found it more comfortable and road friendly than the streetglide. its just a matter of taste and riding style. after i went to a streetglide it actually made riding boring for me,thats just my opinion.i'm not bashing flhx's by any means. but you really can't get the feel for a bike on a short test ride,you have to rent one for a couple of days ,which i didn't do. it was just an expensive lesson because you lose a ton of dough once you drive that bike off the lot. the bike may all the rage but it ain't my bagg... er

Old 07-10-2009, 05:05 PM
Kevin's_09FXDF
Road Captain

**** I traded my fxdf for an electra glide

Old 07-10-2009, 05:15 PM
frankjake
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Street Glides seem to be very popular where I live too. I was considering one when I went looking for a new bike.

I was able to test ride 5 different bikes at Street Vibrations and just didn't care for the way the SG handeled. I thought "what am I missing" becasue so many have them and love them.

But after taking the Fat Bob for a test ride, I knew it was the bike for me.

Old 07-10-2009, 05:21 PM
stevengb
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by kappy
i liken it to having a cadillac,the streetglide is a nice bike,but i don't care for the way it handles, it is a touring bike . but i have ridden my old fxd from philly to bike week in daytona and found it more comfortable and road friendly than the streetglide. its just a matter of taste and riding style. after i went to a streetglide it actually made riding boring for me,thats just my opinion.i'm not bashing flhx's by any means. but you really can't get the feel for a bike on a short test ride,you have to rent one for a couple of days ,which i didn't do. it was just an expensive lesson because you lose a ton of dough once you drive that bike off the lot. the bike may all the rage but it ain't my bagg... er
I had a flht and sold it to buy a fxdb...I would have traded you in a new york second...I like my street bob...but I LOVED my electaglide....I think the flhx is a perfect marriage of the two....damn...I've been looking for a trade like that for a year or more!!!! hope you enjoy your fat bob!

Old 07-10-2009, 05:33 PM
Xcrossbow
Stellar HDF Member
Received 279 Likes on 177 Posts

Originally Posted by kappy
picked up my new fat bob yesterday,couldn't be happier to get rid of the streetglide. i had 95 fxd before and decided to go for something a little more comfortable in the streetglide.had the street glide for a year.what a mistake. traded the streetglide yesterday for a new dyna and what a difference. the fatbob handles great and with the stage one has a little get up and go. i have to agree with many of the other posts that the new brakes seem a little weak,supposedly they get better when broken in,we'll see. but otherwise its great to be back on a dyna again. had to rip a couple of holeshots for old time sake,the bike has great torque.
Understand about the SG as I'm not 100% sold yet. I didn't like the Cadillac feel that another poster mentioned as it made me feel I was riding on the bike. I like a stiffer high performance car type of ride and a ride where you feel you are down in the bike. I did lower mine and that helped some but I need some seat work to complete the transformation.

However, most everyone will eventually come around to a bagger as they add another dimension to the motorcycling experience - the ability to put you ****, leathers, rainsuits somewhere and then dare Mother Nature to f**k with you. Of course the tunes ain't bad either.

With your new bike weighing a 100lbs less than my SG I can imagine that it must have some power. I was disappointed also in the power of the SG until I did the stage one using the SE Super Tuner. Great performance, decent gas mileage and much cooler running.

Good luck with your new bike and I undertand where you are coming from.

Last edited by Xcrossbow; 07-10-2009 at 06:43 PM.