Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Garage Leathers Solo Bag for Dyna...

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2009, 08:16 AM
AdrianVall
Elite HDF Member
Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Sumpnut
HAHA...Nah! believe it or not it's no trouble being that size and just on one side, packs a lot of stuff..all you need for a few days away from home..sleeping bag strapped to the top of the saddlebag and tent on the back seat..and away ya go...
Which bag model is it that you have? Do you have any more pictures of it? I kind of don't like that it covers the rear shock..

Old 10-21-2009, 08:36 PM
bigdaddy33
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Hey Mike,

Here's a few pics of the bag on my cut down detachable side rail.

Originally Posted by mikecdmd
Hey bigdaddy33 (or anyone else), You got pictures of that bag mounted on the detachable hardware?

Attached Thumbnails Garage Leathers Solo Bag for Dyna...-img_0054.jpg   Garage Leathers Solo Bag for Dyna...-img_0055.jpg   Garage Leathers Solo Bag for Dyna...-img_0056.jpg   Garage Leathers Solo Bag for Dyna...-img_0057.jpg  
Old 10-21-2009, 09:42 PM
Sumpnut
Road Master
Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by AdrianVall
Which bag model is it that you have? Do you have any more pictures of it? I kind of don't like that it covers the rear shock..
Hi..well the rear of the bag is moulded or shaped around the shock,its mounted by two mounting points to the rear fender strut,axle nut has a roller so as the suspension works up and down the axle nut doest tear up the rear of the bag.

link to the producers http://www.lejonkulan.com/#

Remember its not a picnic bag for sunglasses and a sandwich lol..it carries a bit more than that.

Attached Thumbnails Garage Leathers Solo Bag for Dyna...-harley-street-bob-010.jpg   Garage Leathers Solo Bag for Dyna...-lejonkulans-003.jpg   Garage Leathers Solo Bag for Dyna...-rear-view.jpg   Garage Leathers Solo Bag for Dyna...-lejonkulans.jpg  
Old 10-21-2009, 10:57 PM
bigdaddy33
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Huge difference in storage capacity between the Garage Leather Solo and the one posted by Sumpnut.

The Garage leather is a good day bag (maybe overnight if you're a real light packer) but not much else.

Old 03-13-2010, 11:30 AM
SMH
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bigdaddy33
I just bought the Solo bag. Very well made. Not a huge amount of storage. For example, only room for a light weight jacket, shirt and gloves.

If you are going for a day ride or overnight and travel light it is perfect.

Nylon straps secure the bag to the fender strut. You may need to loosen the fender strut bolt in order to position the strap. Since I was concerned about damaging the paint on the fender, I picked up a black HD detachable side plate on ebay (already have the docking hardware on the bike) and used a cutting wheel to cut off the top which would hold the sissy bar, and hang the bag off the side plate.

bigdaddy33

P.S. Robert at Garage Leathers is a good guy to deal with.
The extra detachable side plate is a great idea. I'm about to do the same thing. I don't guess it really matters if the plate is in chrome or black since the bag will be covering it?

Old 04-20-2010, 02:12 PM
chidrock
Advanced

Since I'm worried about messing up the paint on my fender and don't have the tools necessary to cut metal, is there an alternative to the docking hardware set-up?

Has anybody without the brackets experienced any issues with their paint job with these bags?

Is it possible to cover the nylon with something to keep it softer so it doesn't scratch?

Old 04-21-2010, 06:24 PM
jmartin9721
Novice

ive recently powder coated my fender strut black and so far the straps havent rubbed the powder off or damged the fender. have took the bag off a couple times to wash and just polished off were the straps have been rubbing, but no damage. my strap doesnt actually touch the fender, just the strut cover. of course, i have the 07 with the strut covers, since i think the newer models dont have covers, not sure. hope this helps!!

Old 05-11-2010, 07:19 AM
jaysnafu
Club Member
Received 68 Likes on 38 Posts

Big praise to Garage leathers! I just got my order in for my side bag and tool bag and the quality is definitly there! My wife ordered them for me and even with them shipping to Germany to my base, it was quick. I definitly recommend them.

Old 05-11-2010, 07:50 AM
garymann
Advanced

I've had the Garage Leathers bag for about two years and while it is expensive the quality really makes it worth while. As others have noted, not a huge amount of room, just enough for a rainjacket, tool roll etc.

I'd highly recommend the Garage Leather s bags

Old 05-12-2010, 01:01 PM
miami
Road Master
Received 37 Likes on 21 Posts

I went to wally-world and bought a yard of thick black felt for the backing on all of the different bags. Don't forget to get a bottle of fabric glue also.

Quick Reply: Garage Leathers Solo Bag for Dyna...