Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

headphones

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2009, 01:04 PM
Bar_Hopper
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

skullcandy are the best! i have a set and i rock them all the times when im riding at home at night! its usually about 1130 and theres nobody on the interstate! just me and my i-pizzle!

Old 05-08-2009, 01:19 PM
Ky Windage
Cruiser

RSA05FXDWGI Quote:

They will still work in your phone, you just can't answer calls. I use mine with my phone all the time. It does pause the music, so i know when a call comes in, just have to disconnect if i want to answer.
I may have to pop back over then... though I would need an adapter... my phone is probably a 2.5.

Old 05-08-2009, 01:20 PM
bberck
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I have a set of JVC ones that work pretty well (can hear good at speeds and stay in ears) but hurt my ears after awhile. Going to pick up a set of the Skullcandy ones and try them out.

Old 05-08-2009, 01:23 PM
8541hog
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Ky Windage
I may have to pop back over then... though I would need an adapter... my phone is probably a 2.5.
I bet you could get them to let you plug em into your phone, probably not your ears though...lol

Old 05-08-2009, 01:37 PM
maddghost
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Someone mentioned not being able to justify 130$ for earphones,wel I bought bose in-ear noise cancelling and the sound was totally out of this world! however after one hour having something stuck in my head became totally EEEAR-A-TATING..,,so i returned them because I could no longer justify that kind of money for the dis-comfort they were causeing!

Old 05-08-2009, 02:08 PM
Ky Windage
Cruiser

Just got back... they didn't have a reduction adapter and I'm not gonna throw down 30 bucks for something that "might" work.
Plus a second T-mobile guy there also said he didn't think it would work, and that Nokia is very proprietary.

To radio shack! Awaaay!

Old 05-08-2009, 02:16 PM
TAB1784
Advanced

Washington riders - see below:
RCW 46.37.480 Television viewers -- Earphones.

A. No person shall drive any motor vehicle equipped with any
television viewer, screen or other means of visually receiving a
television broadcast which is located in the motor vehicle at any
point forward of the back of the driver's seat, or which is visible to
the driver while operating the motor vehicle. This subsection does not apply to law enforcement vehicles communicating with mobile computer networks.

B. No person shall operate any motor vehicle on a public highway while wearing any headset or earphones connected to any electronic device capable of receiving a radio broadcast or playing a sound recording for the purpose of transmitting a sound to the human auditory senses and which headset or earphones muffle or exclude other sounds. This subsection does not apply to students and instructors participating in a Washington state motorcycle safety program.

C. This section does not apply to authorized emergency vehicles,
motorcyclists wearing a helmet with built-in headsets or earphones as approved by the Washington state patrol, or motorists using
hands-free, wireless communications systems, as approved by the
equipment section of the Washington state patrol.
The law says the headset or earphones must muffle or exclude other sounds, so the noise cancelling or ones with foam are not lawful, while I would suppose the ones that just sit on the outside of your ear are okay since they don't muffle or exclude other noise. This isn't a legal opinion.

Just be aware that the state patrol is looking at bikers pretty closely ... according to the MSF course instructors I had a couple of weeks ago.

fka "Priest"

Old 05-08-2009, 02:57 PM
Stanger
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TAB1784
Washington riders - see below:
RCW 46.37.480 Television viewers -- Earphones.

A. No person shall drive any motor vehicle equipped with any
television viewer, screen or other means of visually receiving a
television broadcast which is located in the motor vehicle at any
point forward of the back of the driver's seat, or which is visible to
the driver while operating the motor vehicle. This subsection does not apply to law enforcement vehicles communicating with mobile computer networks.

B. No person shall operate any motor vehicle on a public highway while wearing any headset or earphones connected to any electronic device capable of receiving a radio broadcast or playing a sound recording for the purpose of transmitting a sound to the human auditory senses and which headset or earphones muffle or exclude other sounds. This subsection does not apply to students and instructors participating in a Washington state motorcycle safety program.

C. This section does not apply to authorized emergency vehicles,
motorcyclists wearing a helmet with built-in headsets or earphones as approved by the Washington state patrol, or motorists using
hands-free, wireless communications systems, as approved by the
equipment section of the Washington state patrol.
The law says the headset or earphones must muffle or exclude other sounds, so the noise cancelling or ones with foam are not lawful, while I would suppose the ones that just sit on the outside of your ear are okay since they don't muffle or exclude other noise. This isn't a legal opinion.

Just be aware that the state patrol is looking at bikers pretty closely ... according to the MSF course instructors I had a couple of weeks ago.

fka "Priest"

I have heard of this before. I do have an issue though, what about just plane old ear plugs, no sound. They muffle the sound around. So what, are we not allowed to wear ear protection? If I am not wearing my molded ear plug phones, then I use the good ole' orange ear plugs. Guess I will take my chances. So far, no problems to date, but thanks Priest for posting this for us Washingtonians.

Old 05-08-2009, 05:25 PM
Ky Windage
Cruiser

Went to radio shack and picked up an adapter, then went to best buy.
They let me test with the skull candy ear buds... They do not work with the nokia 6301 phone.
GRRR

Old 05-08-2009, 08:18 PM
Jude1986
Intermediate
Default Go cheap

Just get a cheap pair that are earbuds with the clip that wraps around your ear. Works fine.

Quick Reply: headphones