Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Kudos to SkullCandy

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2009, 09:03 AM
WildBillAce2
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yep good stuff, the only ones I have found that don't fall out and they sound good and are cheap!

Old 05-06-2009, 09:47 AM
Shizims
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've had the Skull Candy smokin' buds and they are good, but for the same price you should try the JVC Marshmallow. They have a soft coating like an earplug. They fit nice and snug and don't cause me any discomfort. They also block out a lot of wind and motor noise because of the "earplug" like design.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...uct_id=5151011

http://av.jvc.com/product.jsp?modelI...hId=162&page=1

Old 05-06-2009, 10:42 AM
PigInaBlanket
Club Member
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Ohrider
Pig...those are the Inkd ones, the Smokin Buds are the same earpiece but have an inline volume control and are $30-$35 at most places. I really like having that seperate volume control....noticed last night that I could reach down and mute the volume quickly if I needed to.
Yea but the ones you have don't have the same frequency range and they are more expensive.
When I want to cut the volume down I just pull one of the earbuds out of my ear so I can hear outside noise.

Old 05-06-2009, 10:47 AM
ggreen2303
Intermediate

Personally they didnt work out for me on the bike. They do sound good when your not on the bike but when i rode the soft plastic that fills the ear would crinkle in the wind. I tried the different sizes they gave you with the same result. My preference is the Phillips marshmallow ones. They stay in and block unwanted wind noise out.

Old 05-06-2009, 12:58 PM
kerry_okie
Cruiser

I have the Full Metal Jackets - awesome.

-- kerry --

Old 05-08-2009, 07:15 AM
tht1124
Novice

I'm glad I stumbled upon this thread, as I'd tried out my sony digital walkman mp3 (not) player the other day and felt it was a total waste of time. Granted, it was windy and I was doing 70 mph plus on the freeway, but I couldn't hear a damn thing. It was turned up all the way too. So it sounds like a soft plug that blocks the wind is the way to go?

Old 05-08-2009, 08:31 AM
bigVtwin88
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

You would think that after paying $200+ for an Ipod or Zune they would throw in a decent set of head gear. I was pizzd when I took my Ipod with me on the bike for the first time and couldn't hear squat. It's the whole reason I bought the dumb thing. Well done, Skullcandy.

Old 05-08-2009, 09:01 AM
Tony P
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 350 Likes on 217 Posts

How do the Skull Candy fit inside a 3/4 or full-face helmet? Is the speaker cable length long enough to reach a universal mount on the handlebar?

Old 05-08-2009, 09:09 AM
Low E
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Tony P
How do the Skull Candy fit inside a 3/4 or full-face helmet? Is the speaker cable length long enough to reach a universal mount on the handlebar?
The speaker cable wire is plenty long enough if you get the ones with the inline volume control. I ordered mine online and got them for around 20 bucks.

Old 05-08-2009, 09:11 AM
Ohrider
Advanced

The Smokin Buds are very small and do not stick outside of your ears much at all and they are designed to the plastic piece contours the bottom of your ear and the cord goes down from there....I don't have a FF but I can't see where it would be a problem.

The cord is a soft braided cord so it will not crack and break like some of the cheaper cords. I'm not sure about the universal mount distance but I have to wrap my cord up several times around the ipod when I put it in my jacket pocket and I still have plenty left hanging out for the volume control and movement without pulling the buds out of my ears when turning my head.

Quick Reply: Kudos to SkullCandy