Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

full face

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2009, 10:43 AM
maddghost
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Default full face

Hey guys 'n gals! I'm seriously considering going with a full face but since I've never had one I thought I'd ask. I like some of the HD full faces - http://www.harley-davidson.com/mcm/m...bmLocale=en_US this one in particular is appealing to me but I'm affraid we pay way too much for the damn HD stamp on it! Anybody have HD full face? I looked at some hjc yesterday at around 200 $ I'm affraid after a few thousand miles it will start to shake apart. I understand I just have to look around until i find something comfortable that I like (key right?) I saw some up to 1000$ the arai's and shoei's could they be that much better. Cutting the wind on the hioghway is my main interest,and then there is keeping my face in case of a pavement kiss that's interesting too given all the daydreaming -cell phone using -make-up applying- coffee drinking cagers! I'm sure there are lots of reccomends coming and i will apreciate them all!

Old 05-03-2009, 10:48 AM
Robert Le Gras
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Okay you're not going to like me and my response. . . . I found the helmet I liked most was one I didn't think I would, and didn't want to afford. With a discount when I bought the bike I bought this one:

http://www.harley-davidson.com/mcm/m...bmLocale=en_US

Expensive as hell. ...but light as a feather, so well-ventilated and fits so well. . . I really like it and wear it whenever it's below 45 or so and whenever I'm going to do many many minutes of highway miles. The downside to this and any full-face is it cuts your vision down some. . . I have to remind myself all the time to turn my head and LOOK.

I'd say go to dealers (including Italian and Japanese dealers) and try a lot of helmets on. You'll find a lot of different fits and feelings. . . but probably one you like and can afford.

Old 05-03-2009, 10:49 AM
MZBuckeye
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Check out the Scorpion EXO400. It's the only helmet I'll ever own from here on out. Decent ventilation, excellent fog-free shield that actually works, and a great price tag of around $150-$200 depending on what you get. IMO, it's one of the best helmets available, and by far the best value in full-face helmets.

Old 05-03-2009, 10:52 AM
r00k
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a shark RSI and it's freaking awesome, light and comfortable.

It was a steep price tag though....

Old 05-03-2009, 11:18 AM
hd4evr2008
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,904 Likes on 861 Posts

I just bought this helmet last week for $99.00 on sale, and I love it! It even has DOUBLE shields, there is an inside Smoked sheild that you can put up or down so there's no more need to wear sunglasses!

http://www.bikersden.com/shop/shopdi...ucts.asp?id=35

Old 05-03-2009, 11:31 AM
BlacktopBuzzard
Cruiser

HJC works best for me. I change out the check pads to customize the fit (narrrow cheekbones). Otherwise the quality and the durability have been great. Usually purchase mine from www.newenough.com where the prices are very good.

Old 05-03-2009, 11:35 AM
trip20
Elite HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

HJC makes some of the HD helmets. It won't shake apart anymore than the overpriced HD version.

Old 05-03-2009, 11:40 AM
thedonthere
Outstanding HDF Member

I say buy a Bell or a Simpson. After all safety is their business.

Old 05-03-2009, 11:43 AM
davidc
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

My wife and I each have HJC full face helmets they are comfortable, the shield doesn't fog, and after 3 seasons there still like new

Old 05-03-2009, 11:52 AM
Unimoose
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I've almost always owned HJC helmets, the latest one is DOT and Snell approved and at $145 new it was a steal!

Quick Reply: full face