Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2009 FatBob w/removable backrest and easy bracket saddlebags

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2009, 09:39 AM
Harley_RN
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2009 FatBob w/removable backrest and easy bracket saddlebags

Picked up my FatBob last week and ordered the easy bracket system for mounting my saddlebags. The brackets work with the removable HD backrest and they are lockable as well. Got the saddlebags from Willie and Max with the Maltese Cross. Heres' some pics.

Chris

Attached Thumbnails 2009 FatBob w/removable backrest and easy bracket saddlebags-fat1.jpg   2009 FatBob w/removable backrest and easy bracket saddlebags-fat2.jpg   2009 FatBob w/removable backrest and easy bracket saddlebags-fat3.jpg  
Old 05-03-2009, 10:11 AM
maddghost
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

cewl looking bags ! can you please post a pic from behind with the bags on? There was another guy showed us his bags and it looked as though they hung at about 10 degree angle away from the bike /top to bottom. I'd like to know if this is always the case?

Old 05-03-2009, 10:14 AM
kappy
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bag question

are they the compact slant bags or the large slant bags?thanks

Old 05-03-2009, 03:45 PM
Harley_RN
Road Captain

Originally Posted by kappy
are they the compact slant bags or the large slant bags?thanks

They're the Large size 16" x 11" x 6.5 "

Old 05-03-2009, 03:48 PM
Harley_RN
Road Captain

Here ya go

Originally Posted by maddghost
cewl looking bags ! can you please post a pic from behind with the bags on? There was another guy showed us his bags and it looked as though they hung at about 10 degree angle away from the bike /top to bottom. I'd like to know if this is always the case?

Attached Thumbnails 2009 FatBob w/removable backrest and easy bracket saddlebags-fat4.jpg  
Old 05-04-2009, 07:33 AM
SC-Longhair
Club Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Harley_RN, with the easy brackets, if the saddlebags were longer would they clear the rear signals? I do occasionally have to carry some large items (my laptop) and wants bags to accommodate them.

Would a top down photo be possible, showing clearance?

Old 05-05-2009, 05:29 PM
Harley_RN
Road Captain

Originally Posted by SC-Longhair
Harley_RN, with the easy brackets, if the saddlebags were longer would they clear the rear signals? I do occasionally have to carry some large items (my laptop) and wants bags to accommodate them.

Would a top down photo be possible, showing clearance?
They should clear easily. The easy brackets attached to the removable backrest clips bring the bags pretty far out from the seat. If you look at the rear view pic you can see that the bag is actually on the outside of the rear signals. My digital camera actually broke today and I have to get a new one. When I do, I'll take another picture for you from the top.

Old 05-05-2009, 11:08 PM
Rusty Nail
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great job. The bags look awesome!

Old 05-06-2009, 07:16 AM
SC-Longhair
Club Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Harley_RN
They should clear easily. The easy brackets attached to the removable backrest clips bring the bags pretty far out from the seat. If you look at the rear view pic you can see that the bag is actually on the outside of the rear signals. My digital camera actually broke today and I have to get a new one. When I do, I'll take another picture for you from the top.
Sorry to hear bout the camera. I did take a second glance at the rear view picture and you're right. It does look like they clear without a problem. Hmmm, now that has me thinking.

Old 05-09-2009, 07:05 PM
Harley_RN
Road Captain

Originally Posted by SC-Longhair
Sorry to hear bout the camera. I did take a second glance at the rear view picture and you're right. It does look like they clear without a problem. Hmmm, now that has me thinking.
Yah.. thanks. I looked it up and my camera (Canon Sure Shot) is actually under a recall and I get it fixed for free. But it's gonna take a little longer to send it in and get it back. But, I'll get some more pics out.

Christian

Quick Reply: 2009 FatBob w/removable backrest and easy bracket saddlebags