Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pictures speak 1,000 words....

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2009, 03:15 PM
Ratbob
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Looks like the kid is gonna have to put in some overtime to pay for it! HeHeHe

Tough luck man, hope you can get it back to where you like it!

Old 04-30-2009, 03:28 PM
r00k
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man that really sucks, does the MoCo have a program to touch up these custom paint sets?

On the bright side, it always could have been worse.

Old 04-30-2009, 03:29 PM
bberck
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Man that sucks, sorry to see it.

Old 04-30-2009, 03:38 PM
07bobber
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Dont get mad get even....dump your bike on his....jk...that sux happens to the best of us.....

Old 04-30-2009, 03:38 PM
roadhouse
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that sucks, thats an awsome paint job

Old 04-30-2009, 03:40 PM
fiend138
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I guess in this case a picture speaks 100 4 letter words, I hate it when that **** happens.

Old 04-30-2009, 03:41 PM
HOGRIDA_06
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Fu*k that sucks man, I can't imagine that's a easy fix. Maybe it's a sign to keep the bike on the road and off a trailer. HeHeHe

Old 04-30-2009, 03:50 PM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

ahh man... Jake... I have to ask though... how did oyu have them strapped in there? wheel chucks? is his bike ok?
i would not loose all hope man... where it did hit on the left is after the detail work, should be able to be blended and matched by a good air brush artist... the real flame can be carried back a bit further on the other side and then the whole tank re cleared... just going to take a hell of an artist to pull it off... but i would say it can be done!
Hit up KansasHellRide on here man... he does some wicked work. if I could say anyone can do it, i would say he is your man. let me know if you need anything. sorry to see that man... hope your boys ride is good...
beyond that... HOW WAS THE TRIP!?!

Old 04-30-2009, 04:29 PM
JakeInMa
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JRK5892
ahh man... Jake... I have to ask though... how did oyu have them strapped in there? wheel chucks? is his bike ok?
i would not loose all hope man... where it did hit on the left is after the detail work, should be able to be blended and matched by a good air brush artist... the real flame can be carried back a bit further on the other side and then the whole tank re cleared... just going to take a hell of an artist to pull it off... but i would say it can be done!
Hit up KansasHellRide on here man... he does some wicked work. if I could say anyone can do it, i would say he is your man. let me know if you need anything. sorry to see that man... hope your boys ride is good...
beyond that... HOW WAS THE TRIP!?!
Hey brother, 4 tie downs per bike. 2 on the trees and 2 down low and to the rear. One of his rear straps broke, causing just enough slack for the front to let go and fall over.

The trip...never made it to Florida. The day before we left I had transmission problems, then the next day my battery went. The following day while on the road my trailer wiring came disconnected and ended up dragging on the ground for who knows how many miles, tearing the wires up. We were in Virginia at the time and just said screw the ride to Fla and stayed with family in Va. We visited D.C. on the bikes and took a ride to PA to visit the York HD Factory and got a tour.

Other than the crap that happened along the way, the trip was great...lol

Oh, and for those wondering....Nada, zilch, zero damage to the kid's bike...go figure!

Old 04-30-2009, 05:00 PM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

well i am glad to hear that dad and son got to put on some miles... look at the bright side! now you can come meet us down there next year when we take our yearly memorial day run!
ill let you know next year aroudn this time when we go... since we are not going this year (honeymoon so i dont have the vacation time) there are now 26 of my buddies set to go next year... few of them are riding there from chicago, some will trailer... will be a wild time!

Quick Reply: Pictures speak 1,000 words....