Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Superglide a few questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2006, 06:30 PM
JRSAUTO
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Superglide a few questions

I just bought a 06 superglide in black for my first bike and love it. But just have a couple of questions.

1. Is it normal to here the brakes when you apply them nothing loud or squealing just like a slight hissing kind of noise.

2. Is there a simple add on tach for the 06 that will not look like a add on or require a lot of splicing and dicing of wires.

Thanks for any help I have been looking around this site and you all seem like a very knowledgeable bunch.

Now that I own a Harley I have no idea why I did not own one sooner.

Old 05-07-2006, 06:36 PM
atrox88
Ultimate HDF Member

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts
Default RE: New Superglide a few questions

Mine brake master cylinders have hissed since I bought it. Probably normal. Here is a shot of mine with the dual guage set up. H-D sells a kit with tach and dual guage bracket. I find I use my tack more at slow speeds to not go under 1800rpm when cruising. I don't much pay attention to it when slammin it. I go more by sound.

[IMG]local://upfiles/4722/D2F7EE5304C54EAFBC7CE35671C17CDF.jpg[/IMG]

Old 05-07-2006, 08:32 PM
sturgis kidd
Intermediate

congrats on your new bike ... i love mine ... just turned 504miles today...the brake noise is normal and i don't think the tach is to complicated...
what i have noticed is that your bike will have a sweet spot where she will be smooth rideing....in 3rd its thirty five...in 4th its 45...and 5th its 55.... and 6th is 65ish....
Thats what i have discovered so far....
Injoy your new bike ... cause i am!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 05-07-2006, 09:40 PM
Loneryr
Novice

I have a 03 Super Glide and my brakes have always made a noise, I just got new pads on this week and still make that noise. Love my bike just went over 20k miles. When I get old I'll get a bagger, I'm 48 now, I think i'm 48 ? About 48 anyway.

Old 05-07-2006, 09:52 PM
mcurry5
Road Captain

Atrox, how was it to add the tach, I am thinking about adding the mini tach and speedo with the chrome bracket. I think it would look kick ***. I have the drag bars, so I wanna minimize the tach and speedo sticking up.

Old 05-08-2006, 01:35 AM
MrD
Tourer

Yep.. agree with the rest, the sound is just part of the bike. Don't have the tach but it looks great on the bikes here!!

Old 05-08-2006, 05:24 AM
Silverglide
Tourer

Ya mine makes a little noise also, mostly when cold. Welcome to the forum and the HD family. Superglides are great bikes, and I too will keep it till I am old enough for a bagger, or am I that old already, I can't remember!!! jees I gues it's contagious.

Old 05-08-2006, 10:02 PM
JRSAUTO
5th Gear

Thanks for all the quick replies and letting me know about the brakes.

But does anybody have any details on installing the tach if it realy just plugs in or if it a big pain the the rear.
I tried the search but did not find any exact details.

Thanks again guys.

Old 05-08-2006, 10:38 PM
Mr Wonderful
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

The tach install is NOT something you want to do yourself! It is somewhat complicated and there is a lot of wire work to be done. Have the dealership perform this task. Trust me.....I tried it back in '93 myself, and ended up going to the dealership with my tail tucked between my legs. Those guys can do it 10 times faster and their work is warranted.....and you'll be on the road a whole lot faster.

Old 05-08-2006, 10:40 PM
WgSkee
Road Captain

JRSAUTO Try this link see if this is what your looking for... Has Tach installation info...

http://www.shareaproject.com/pages/p...,p,173,00.html

I believe the above came from .....PowerCobra 98 (PowerCobra remember this..??)
You mean like this?? I've got tons of pics and can walk you through the install if you do it. Someone else was looking for tach installation info... for a FXDI Super Glide Custom..

Quick Reply: New Superglide a few questions