Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Springs vs Ricors
New fork springs
30.30%
Ricor Intiminators
69.70%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

New fork springs vs Intiminators

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2009, 11:46 AM
SC-Longhair
Club Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts
Default New fork springs vs Intiminators

If you were looking to drastically improve the front end suspension, and could only buy one right now which would you choose?

New set of fork springs

- or -

Ricor Intiminators

Old 04-27-2009, 12:10 PM
Brewtality
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

i can't say from experience... but my first front end upgrade will be Intimators.

Old 04-27-2009, 12:41 PM
paul s
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I did my springs and oil already and with the roads I ride on everything is working fine, I don't see the bang for the buck with the price of the Ricors, I paid less for my cams.

Old 04-27-2009, 01:18 PM
madden23
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I did springs first, then Ricor 2 yrs later, springs are cheaper, both easy install. The springs were a noticeable improvement, the addition of the Ricors was even better. If money is tight do springs first. JMO.

Old 04-27-2009, 03:43 PM
Ricor Shocks
Former Sponsor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Intiminators!!

Not that I'm biased or anything like that.

And of course I did vote for myself.

Last edited by Ricor Shocks; 05-01-2009 at 10:00 PM. Reason: can't sphell
Old 04-27-2009, 04:31 PM
SC-Longhair
Club Member

Originally Posted by paul s
I did my springs and oil already and with the roads I ride on everything is working fine, I don't see the bang for the buck with the price of the Ricors, I paid less for my cams.
Have you tried the Ricors?

Old 04-27-2009, 04:33 PM
SC-Longhair
Club Member

Originally Posted by madden23
I did springs first, then Ricor 2 yrs later, springs are cheaper, both easy install. The springs were a noticeable improvement, the addition of the Ricors was even better. If money is tight do springs first. JMO.
Well, that's sort of what I'm leading to. Money is tight and I want to do the best mod for the money. Front springs are about $90. Ricors are a bit more, but if they will drastically improve the stock springs, I'd opt for that instead of the springs.

I should just buy both and get it done.

Old 04-27-2009, 05:44 PM
Hal@Ricor
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default If you were looking to DRASTICALLY improve the front end suspension

Originally Posted by SC-Longhair
Well, that's sort of what I'm leading to. Money is tight and I want to do the best mod for the money. Front springs are about $90. Ricors are a bit more, but if they will drastically improve the stock springs, I'd opt for that instead of the springs.

I should just buy both and get it done.
Start with the Ricor IAS valves... if you don't think they make a drastic improvement to your ride you can pull em out, and send them back for a full refund. If your current springs are holding up your bike when you sit on it, it is unlikely you will change your springs after the IAS valve install and even less likely you will return the INTIMINATORS. I don't think you can return your springs for a full refund... but I could be wrong!!
Riders have been testing/changing springs for years with both good and bad results depending on how good they are in ordering the correct springs for what they are trying to accomplish.
If you are not lowering or raising your ride height, want a very noticeable difference (drastic is a pretty broad word, and some customers have used it ) in your bike's handling, with a money back guarantee, save some $$ and try the IAS valve first with your existing springs.
Of coursed I voted and I am not biased either

Old 04-27-2009, 05:49 PM
SC-Longhair
Club Member

Originally Posted by Hal@Ricor
Start with the Ricor IAS valves... if you don't think they make a drastic improvement to your ride you can pull em out, and send them back for a full refund. If your current springs are holding up your bike when you sit on it, it is unlikely you will change your springs after the IAS valve install and even less likely you will return the INTIMINATORS. I don't think you can return your springs for a full refund... but I could be wrong!!
Riders have been testing/changing springs for years with both good and bad results depending on how good they are in ordering the correct springs for what they are trying to accomplish.
If you are not lowering or raising your ride height, want a very noticeable difference (drastic is a pretty broad word, and some customers have used it ) in your bike's handling, with a money back guarantee, save some $$ and try the IAS valve first with your existing springs.
Of coursed I voted and I am not biased either
With an offer like that how can I go wrong. Besides, I already placed my order about 45 min. ago.

Old 04-27-2009, 06:10 PM
gregbenner
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree...good choice.

Originally Posted by SC-Longhair
With an offer like that how can I go wrong. Besides, I already placed my order about 45 min. ago.

Quick Reply: New fork springs vs Intiminators