Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Da Wench is back! (FXDF)

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2009, 10:18 PM
Scooter Wench
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Da Wench is back! (FXDF)

Hey guys! Sorry I've been MIA but thought I would jump back on the forums and catch up with my Dyna brothers and sisters. I've had my Fat Bob now since late Sept 08 and have over 19,000 miles on her! Next week I am tearing her down and getting the tins powder coated a very dark flat black, i.e. black denim, also going to do the lowers in the same color as well as the strut covers and rear turn signals. Going to do the rocker boxes and belt guard in wrinkle black. Putting a nostalgic badge on the tank (I'm doing the one with the Road King style star with the Harley Davidson set against a white background), and putting white plug wires on her. Also hoping to relocate the front turn signals. Will send pics when I get it all done. Oh I also pulled the baffles on my 2" Rush slip on's and sawed them in half. She sounds bad @ss now! Lost a little compression but not enough to make that much of a difference. Once I can afford a fuel management system then I can tune it to compensate for the reduced back pressure (at least that is my understanding).

Last December I started selling bikes for a living at one of our local HD dealerships. I'm having a lot of fun if not making a lot of money! LOL We just won our first Gold Bar and Shield award and rank number 8 in the country so that's pretty cool! I am hoping to be able to hang in there until the economy turns around but I'm not getting my hopes up. In the meantime, it helps pay the bills and there are some definite perks!

Hope everyone is doing well. Let me know what you've been doing with modifications to your Fat Bob's. I've seen some pretty cool stuff at the dealership but the most original ideas are one's that I've seen here.

Wench

Old 04-24-2009, 10:22 PM
maddghost
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Dammitt girl i was thinkng about you today! You can't recall me i was starting to come here last jan.in '08 as you stopped so.....welcome back!

Old 04-24-2009, 10:32 PM
Scooter Wench
Road Captain

Originally Posted by maddghost
Dammitt girl i was thinkng about you today! You can't recall me i was starting to come here last jan.in '08 as you stopped so.....welcome back!

See!!! That must have been what made me come back! I knew you were thinking about me! Good to see a familiar face among all the new ones as I peruse the forum! I'm loving what people having been doing to their Fatty's! Oh and correction on my initial post. I got my bike in late September 2007 not 2008. I can't even remember what year it is for crying out loud!

I have actually gotten to meet some forum members between working at the dealership and The Rooster (biker bar I hang at) which is pretty cool. Hoping to meet more especially now that the weather has warmed up for you folks in the colder areas of the country :-)

Old 04-24-2009, 10:46 PM
crooky
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome back , make sure you post some pics of the new mods sounds like its going to be a bad @ss bob!

Old 04-24-2009, 10:53 PM
ratt196635
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome back and as already said post some pics when you get done with it.

Old 04-25-2009, 12:49 AM
Ratbob
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Welcome back SW!

I too have been wondering where you been, and hoping you've just been too busy putting miles on your fattie. Can't wait to see some pics when you get done with your mods!

Old 04-25-2009, 01:33 PM
pelliott6
Tourer

hey Wench, welcome back
tell me more about your baffle mod. I have the 2" Rush and I'm disappointed with the sound (or lack of). were they wrapped and hard to get out? did you just hacksaw the back end off? any popping? please elaborate. thanks!

Old 04-25-2009, 02:07 PM
Robert Le Gras
Road Warrior

SW, welcome back. Missed ya!

I happen to really like the stock look of the Fat Bob, so mine has had only small changes made and I'm most happy with recent handling changes (True-Track, Superbrace). Waiting on a Corbin seat (now arrived and installed) and then I think I'll not be making changes this season.

Last edited by Robert Le Gras; 05-03-2009 at 08:46 AM.
Old 04-25-2009, 02:16 PM
Dawg Rider
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Good to hear from you again...let me know which dealership. I'm coming down your way for a weekend in July for sure, and probably sooner for a day trip or two.

Old 04-25-2009, 03:42 PM
kk6pg
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

Welcome back Karen. This place hasnt been the same without you.
Next time you decide to take a vacation, you damn well better tell us.

Quick Reply: Da Wench is back! (FXDF)