Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Da Wench is back! (FXDF)

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2009, 10:32 PM
Scooter Wench
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pelliott6
hey Wench, welcome back
tell me more about your baffle mod. I have the 2" Rush and I'm disappointed with the sound (or lack of). were they wrapped and hard to get out? did you just hacksaw the back end off? any popping? please elaborate. thanks!
Wasn't difficult at all. Just unscrewed a couple of bolts, pulled out the baffles and the packing (or what was left of it), took a hacksaw and cut them in half and slid them back in. Made a noticeable difference. The VP of Operations for our dealerships even asked me what pipes I had put on and was surprised when I told him they were Rush. I lost a little bit of back pressure but not much. I sometimes get a little popping especially when I accelerate or decelerate more aggressively. The only complaint I have right now is that I can detect a slight rattling sound inside the pipe. Nothing horrible, but I may go back in and try to see if it is something I can eliminate. Otherwise, it sounds crisp, deep and loud. Definitely sounds like a Harley.

Old 04-27-2009, 10:38 PM
Scooter Wench
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Dawg Rider
Good to hear from you again...let me know which dealership. I'm coming down your way for a weekend in July for sure, and probably sooner for a day trip or two.
Come on down! We'll go ridin! I'm at Adamec HD in Jax which is right next to I-95 on Baymeadows Road. You can't miss it. Our store is a two story building and while not quite as big as the one down the street, it really quite impressive compared to many. I love working there. It's such a great thing to be able to see the smile on people's faces when they get their new bike. The best ones are the ones who have always wanted a Harley. They can barely contain their excitement and it's really contagious. I love making their dreams come true!

Old 04-28-2009, 12:34 AM
SURFOR Chop
Elite HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Welcome back SW ... I think my bike has changed some since you last saw it ...

Take a look at a few of the Fat Bobs sporting powdercoated wheels ... I really like that look and recommend it if it fits your makeover budget ...

R/
Priest

Old 04-28-2009, 07:48 AM
jblank37
Road Captain

I am sorry to say that I did not know of you before. I have only been on the Dyna forum for about the last 2 months after trading my Sportster in on a new Super Glide. When I saw the title of this thread, I was afraid that my EX had taken up riding a bike. Ha! Anyway, as everyone else has said, great to see you back. Look forward to seeing your bike when everything is said and done.

Old 04-28-2009, 08:16 AM
rjmac53
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Welcome back Lazarus...

Old 04-28-2009, 08:28 AM
SC-Longhair
Club Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Scooter Wench
See!!! That must have been what made me come back! I knew you were thinking about me! Good to see a familiar face among all the new ones as I peruse the forum! I'm loving what people having been doing to their Fatty's! Oh and correction on my initial post. I got my bike in late September 2007 not 2008. I can't even remember what year it is for crying out loud!

I have actually gotten to meet some forum members between working at the dealership and The Rooster (biker bar I hang at) which is pretty cool. Hoping to meet more especially now that the weather has warmed up for you folks in the colder areas of the country :-)
Would that be 'Reni's Rooster'? Stopped there a few times once while on a visit with some friends in J'ville. The rooster is ok. I never saw the crowd get above 8 people...and we were 4 of them.

Old 05-02-2009, 08:13 PM
Scooter Wench
Road Captain

Originally Posted by SC-Longhair
Would that be 'Reni's Rooster'? Stopped there a few times once while on a visit with some friends in J'ville. The rooster is ok. I never saw the crowd get above 8 people...and we were 4 of them.
It used to be Reni's Rooster but it is now under new ownership. A couple of long time patrons took it over and the place is MUCH better now. If you come by on a Sunday afternoon there is always well over 200 bikes there, good music, dancing girls, etc. Now that the weather has warmed up I'm sure the wet tee shirt contests will be resuming. They have done a great job of getting the place cleaned up and making sure that everyone is comfortable. They also have a bike night on Thursday night which is usually pretty good.

Old 05-02-2009, 08:46 PM
Fupl18
Road Warrior

Deff post pics after your mods.. Would really love to see the fat bob after