Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sputhe Positrac installed: first impressions [pics]

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2009, 06:31 PM
Gary7
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Sputhe Positrac installed: first impressions [pics]

I installed the Sputhe this afternoon and took it for a short test ride. The very first thing I noticed was as soon as I fired up the motor: much less vibes at idle. This impression continued as I rode off. The bike is noticeably smoother from the standpoint of engine vibration.

As for handling: how do I describe it? I'm getting ready to go for a longer test ride, but in the short 5 mile ride I took awhile ago the best way to describe the feel of the bike is more sure-footed. More later...

Old 04-23-2009, 07:05 PM
madden23
Road Master

Glad it worked out for you!

Old 04-23-2009, 07:07 PM
KBFXDLI
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Cool, How long did it take you to install?

Old 04-23-2009, 07:25 PM
Man O'War
Road Captain
Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts

Happy to hear that you got it installed and looking forward to the handling issue. I sensed you were greatly frustrated with the TT installation. But hopefully it all works out that you feel better about the ride. I certainly feel more confident with a sense of peace knowing my ride has the TT on.

Old 04-23-2009, 08:03 PM
Gary7
Road Warrior

Just got back from a 40 mile ride. I'm really amazed at how the Positrac has reduced the vibration level. As far as handling, the bike is definitely less twitchy, especially at slow speeds. It feels like I could do figure 8s at a walking pace now. Hi speed tracking is better. It's more point and shoot. Holds whatever line you set without intermittent corrections. Same through sweeping turns. Holds the line with no correction.

Overall, I'm impressed--more so than I thought I'd be. The combination of the reduced vibes and increased sure-footedness makes it almost feel like a different bike. Definitely $180 well-spent.

Old 04-23-2009, 08:48 PM
cramil
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The more I look at either the TT or the sputhe and the more I think this would be an easy DIY for anyone with a little machining experience. couple heims, some 1/4" plate, machine/drill/tap a block and some socket head cap screws and you'd be set. All it does is isolate the front motor mount from moving side to side

Old 04-23-2009, 09:03 PM
mtnlvr
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by cramil
The more I look at either the TT or the sputhe and the more I think this would be an easy DIY for anyone with a little machining experience. couple heims, some 1/4" plate, machine/drill/tap a block and some socket head cap screws and you'd be set. All it does is isolate the front motor mount from moving side to side
I contemplated that myself, but the time I would have to spend measuring and checking for interference (especially the rear) and measuring and machining and polishing and polishing...it was worth buying.
Originally Posted by gary7
...Overall, I'm impressed--more so than I thought I'd be. The combination of the reduced vibes and increased sure-footedness makes it almost feel like a different bike. Definitely $180 well-spent.
Glad you got it installed with no issues. Now imagine if you had the whole product...

Old 04-23-2009, 09:37 PM
Robert Le Gras
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by mtnlvr
I

Glad you got it installed with no issues. Now imagine if you had the whole product...

That was my thought too. Love what the True-Track has done for the handling on my bike.

Old 04-23-2009, 09:40 PM
MNrider
Tourer

I think I smell forum discount!

Old 04-23-2009, 09:56 PM
thedonthere
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by cramil
I absolutely agree. Doing something about that now.......................... only about $35.00 in parts...............

Quick Reply: Sputhe Positrac installed: first impressions [pics]