Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Exhaust for Super Glide

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2009, 09:45 AM
soko
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust for Super Glide

I've been searching for exhaust for my '08 Super Glide. Price is an object. I looked at Samson Big Gun I. They have no baffles and no heat shields. My question is, what exhaust can I get for my bike that is the best bang for the buck? I do want something with baffles and heat shields. I'd even entertain buying used if they were in nice shape yet. Maybe one day I will be able to get what I think I want for it, but for now I want a better sound than stock. I have thought about slip ons, but not sure what I think about them yet. Anyone can help let me know.

Old 04-23-2009, 10:03 AM
SuperglideKen
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I had Rush slip on's before the Big Shots The Rush slip on's have a pretty good sound for slip on's.I bought my Vance & Hines BigShots off of Ebay. Got them for $525. Keep an eye out on ebay and you can save some money.
I thought the stock baffles in the Big shots were a little (just a little) on the loud side and then I ordered the Quite baffle and it's too Quite now!

Old 04-23-2009, 10:35 AM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,867 Likes on 2,429 Posts

Originally Posted by soko
I've been searching for exhaust for my '08 Super Glide. Price is an object. I looked at Samson Big Gun I. They have no baffles and no heat shields. My question is, what exhaust can I get for my bike that is the best bang for the buck? I do want something with baffles and heat shields. I'd even entertain buying used if they were in nice shape yet. Maybe one day I will be able to get what I think I want for it, but for now I want a better sound than stock. I have thought about slip ons, but not sure what I think about them yet. Anyone can help let me know.
I have SuperTrapp slipons on my Dyna. They are very similar in appearance to the factory mufflers, but with their internal adjustable baffle system hidden inside. So you can have as much noise as you want, but still look stock!

I love'em! I don't like a noisy bike, but wanted the thing to sound like a Harley should, so have them tuned to give a nice deep but subdued sound. I refitted the original heat shield to the rear muffler. The ST muffler is not identical in shape to the factory muffler, but the shield still fits.

Old 04-23-2009, 10:37 AM
Tele00
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

cycle shack slip ons sound great and are under 200.00 .I have Vance & Hines straightshots which sound great and can be tamed a bit with the quiet baffles, yet still retain a GREAT tone and really roar when you want them .They run around 300.00

Old 04-23-2009, 10:38 AM
creekhed1
Road Master

Vance and Hines Short shots show up on the Classifieds section here often for about $200. They are less than $400 new.
If $$$ is an issue I highly recommend them.

I DO NOT recommend going with pipes that do not have Heat Shields. My buddy spend $500 on Sampsons that have NO heat shields and his pipes are bluing....LOOKS LIKE ****!
He regrets his purchase and wishes he bought Straight Shots!

Old 04-23-2009, 10:48 AM
pugs
Tourer

I have python dual staggerds on my 08 superglide. Made by vance and hines. I have heard the heat shields are better (not sure) but the price is better. I paid about 500. They are stepped and have crossover. They sound great.

Old 04-23-2009, 01:39 PM
bigVtwin88
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I bought my Big Shots from a guy I met at a benefit run last summer. $300 and still in really nice shape. I say drill the guts out of the stock mufflers for now and live with that til you have the money saved up. In the end you'll be glad you waited. My $0.02.

Old 04-23-2009, 01:47 PM
rounder
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

D&D fatcat = best bang for the buck. beautiful fit and finish, great sound and performance, about 550 through zanottis.

Old 04-23-2009, 02:01 PM
jimw411
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Vance and Hines Shortshots, I paid $323 at J&P cycles with the gold club discount. They are awesome and have baffles and heat shields.

Old 04-23-2009, 02:11 PM
oldguyalso
Cruiser

I installed V&H hs slipons along with their Drak filter and fuelpak. 09 fuel injection, once you change something got to reprogram the fuel, so I did all at once

Last edited by oldguyalso; 06-09-2009 at 04:22 PM.

Quick Reply: Exhaust for Super Glide