Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bone headed mistake, out of commission for a few days.

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2009 | 12:55 PM
NoLongerAmember
Banned

Originally Posted by r00k
Yeah, I had thought about doing that but then I was able to get the part from a forum member.

So I was only down for 2 days.
Get the Dorman connectors and fix the broken one so you have spare for you or a buddy, or send it too me so I can use my left over connector so I can have a spare.
Glad you're back on the road.
CB

Old 04-24-2009 | 01:12 PM
bigmikaele
Road Master

Originally Posted by Splatter
My embarassing move came when I relocated my turn signals to the rear fender with the laydown license plate kit. Got it all nice and done, ready for the test drive and as I swung my leg over the bike to get on, I kicked the left turn signal clean off. It snapped the threaded part off the horizontal rod that holds the signals. They don't sell that part separately. $60 tuition to Harley University to learn that lesson. But that's not the embarassing part. I got another kit just to get the bar, fixed it up, c-a-r-e-f-u-l-l-y test rode it -- everything's fine. Next morning, mounting up to go to work; kick the signal off again. My tuition is now $120. But that's not the embarassing part... yup, did it a third time. Any time I go near the parts counter at the dealer the guys ask if I need a new laydown kit.
Holy crap, I laughed my a$$ off on this one.

Old 04-24-2009 | 03:20 PM
SGMAN
Cruiser
Default Done one like that...

Changing oil in the bike.... Did the Motor oil, went fine. Did the trans, went fine. Drained the pri oil, took off the inspection cover started dumping in the oil, got 1/2 the quart in and realized I still had the plug out. I live about 1hr away from good oil, and gone all week from home due to work site location. Didn't get to ride and till the next weekend when they shipped more oil to me.