Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bone headed mistake, out of commission for a few days.

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2009 | 02:54 PM
oldguyalso
Cruiser

Pulling my Suzuki out of garage walking along side it, back wheel drops off the cement edge. I start losing the balance ,going away from me , and slowly the tank touches the door. I run to the other side and push it upright....dent in the tank. Got a new paint job and pin-striping out of that one. I always set on the bike to move them now

Old 04-23-2009 | 02:56 PM
DannyZ71
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by KBFXDLI
Yeah, the tire thing happened while I was talking to my girlfriends Father and drilling at the same time. I was telling him how much money I save by doing my own work and it always gets done right.

Now that's funny!!!

Old 04-23-2009 | 03:28 PM
DGDyna
Tourer

Originally Posted by yankeeflyer72
Many Moons ago I`d been over at our Clubhouse all Smoked Up, Pilled Up, and mostly Drunked Up. Too messed up to start my 'ol 62 Pan so a partner started it for me. They poured me into the seat and set me on my way. First stop sign I came to, I stopped, looked both ways, and fell over. Forgot to put my feet down. Too damn messed up to be embarrassed. Managed to get the bike up, get it started and somehow found home. Man, don`t know how I survived the 60's and 70's......
"Forgot to put my feet down" That's great

Old 04-23-2009 | 04:19 PM
DSnoopy
Elite HDF Member

I just tried tightening my clutch cable by twisting on it with a pair of pliers at the lever two days ago.

Hope that makes you feel better...

Old 04-23-2009 | 06:54 PM
r00k
|
Road Warrior

Whew thanks to Baeseman1 my bike is back on the road, the part he had was revision A but it fit like a charm.

Thanks again Baeseman1, I can't explain how grateful I am.

Old 04-23-2009 | 07:05 PM
KBFXDLI
Big Kahuna HDF Member

Ok, now fix it till it's broke again......

Old 04-23-2009 | 08:26 PM
Mxtweeker
Advanced

Put forwards on, when i went to put oil in after a 1/2 of the bottle i noticed i didn't put drain plug back in.. stupid

Old 04-23-2009 | 08:44 PM
jaxdwg
Road Warrior
Unhappy

I've got my own shop and I'm an ASE master technician and been an aircraft mechanic (A&P) since 75 and I just did my tensioners on my wide glide and left out the fwd shoe on the outside chain, couldn't figure out why I still had this little rattle. Replaced the lifters and made it better but still had a little rattle. Took the cover back off to replace all the chains and do the upgrade on the cam tensioners and as soon as I got the cover off, there it was with no fwd shoe, boy did I feel like an idiot, looked on the bench and there was the shoe, right where I put it, DUH oh well, that's what you get when you get old and dumb, oh and btw, no more rattle, quiet and nice but a dumb mistake for a 40 year mechanic------jack

Old 04-23-2009 | 08:46 PM
Mxtweeker
Advanced

Originally Posted by jsbridgew
that sucks.... we've all made bonehead moves one time or another... most of us are just embarrassed to admit them... LOL!

for example, when i decided to swap out my stock apes for wild ones, instead of figuring out that you could disassemble the connectors from the main harness... i busted out with a pair of scissors and cut the wires midway down the apes and slid the wires out of the triple trees that way with the intention of splicing and soldering

....of course, you can see the problem with that considering the wires i just cut were to be run internally with the wild ones

now THAT'S a bonehead move.

thank god, harley made a replacement set
Do you remember how much the wire set cost?

Old 04-23-2009 | 09:45 PM
Grind
Road Master

Originally Posted by KBFXDLI
Ok, now fix it till it's broke again......
Reminds me of an old saying: "If it ain't broke, fix it 'til it is."

Quick Reply: Bone headed mistake, out of commission for a few days.