Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HD wouldn't build it......

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2009, 02:24 PM
skullhead
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Nothing like following the trends and pleasing the crowds right?

Bike is sic man!!

Old 10-07-2009, 04:06 PM
Wonkaboy
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Nice Club Bike !!

Originally Posted by last saint
HD quit producing the FXDX in 05 and like many, I was hoping a version with the frame upgrades would appear after 06. It never did. So, I sold my 04 dyna and bought an 08 FXDB. From the beginning, I knew exactly where I wanted to go with it. I wanted to build "MY" version of the FXDX. It's been a long road, a lot of parts searching, swapping, tweaking and everything in between. I wasn't worried about trends or what everyone thought was cool. I did everything the way I wanted. A lot of you have seen the different transformations the bike has gone through. It's a bike you either love or hate.
The latest mods have finally brought me as close as I can get to "MY" ultimate dyna. It now has Works black trackers...absolutely NO comparison to the progressive 440's I was running. The Works trackers are light years ahead of the progressives.
Lastly was the FXDXT (T sport) saddlebags I've been searching for for years now. I scored them for a song. The bike now does everything I need it to. It's set up specifically for me. The bikes I build have been dubbed "outlaw" dynas. Not because of the fairings or the bars.....it's a lot more than that. It's suspension, handling and performance. Setting them up to do a job. To haul *** when you need to and be able to do long runs also. And once again, this style didn't come from a TV show...it's been around a lot longer than that.
It remained a "club" style and underground until recently. My shop specializes in these "outlaw" dynas....it's what we do....and what we do well.
Now, with all of this done...I can turn my focus back to the motor...can't wait! So, in essence...it'll never be "finished." But with every step, it get's closer and closer to being perfect for me. So check it out...the OKTANE ALLEY FXDB-X!

Great job definably has a "CLUB" look ! Check out these bad *** dyna's and riders !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGwjzJ4cdh4

Last edited by Wonkaboy; 10-07-2009 at 04:11 PM.
Old 10-07-2009, 04:30 PM
Wonkaboy
Banned
Thumbs up Back in 1995

This was back in 1995 , i was running an Arlen Ness fairing , i used to max the speedo out at 120 with my head tucked under the fairing !

Old 10-07-2009, 04:49 PM
last saint
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Wonkaboy

This was back in 1995 , i was running an Arlen Ness fairing , i used to max the speedo out at 120 with my head tucked under the fairing !
Wonka,
That's a good looking bike!

I had completely forgotten about this thread.

Old 10-07-2009, 06:12 PM
Nickrom32
Cruiser

looks tuff

Old 10-07-2009, 06:28 PM
Wonkaboy
Banned
Thumbs up Thanks

Originally Posted by last saint
Wonka,
That's a good looking bike!

I had completely forgotten about this thread.
Thanks i liked it too even tho the paint was pansy , i should have gone black back then by the way i only wear Black New Balance Sneakers when I ride instead of **** because I want to be the fashion statement and not my bike...

Old 10-07-2009, 08:23 PM
latnyte
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

damn i opened the photo spread of saints bike and i think i lost consciousness for a second lol this has been my favourite bike on here since i joined !

Old 10-08-2009, 07:41 AM
skullhead
Road Master

Originally Posted by Wonkaboy

Wonk that is a nice Dyna I like the way you matched the paint on the fairing. Nothing wrong with a little color sometimes.

Old 10-08-2009, 07:48 AM
glideridemike
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 261 Likes on 86 Posts

awesome scoot saint.

SOL wannabe??? jk,nbl brotha.

Does the fairing serve to break much wind and where does the flow break at as it comes up and over?

All your sweat has paid off enormously.....

Old 10-08-2009, 07:50 AM
skullhead
Road Master

I love my Springer and I'll keep it but I'll be back on a bike I can ride hard.

I had an 03 Dyna and loved that bike. Rode it from Ft Myers FLA to Laconia NH and back. And your all right those high drag are great for on the road. I rode it as you see it here just put my back rest on for my bag. Ran at 80 mph as much as I could and was actually pretty comfortable. Although a better seat would have made my trip a little easier and a little fairing would have helped, that was next on my list.

Quick Reply: HD wouldn't build it......