Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Big City Thunder "Monster Baffles" and V&H Straightshot HS Slip-On Mufflers & 07 FXDC

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2015, 08:58 PM
128auto
Extreme HDF Member
Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

That's why I modified mine.
BCT in conjunction with VH baffles. No popping nor vibration on decel. https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-glide-models/848871-v-h-short-shot-bct-modified-baffles-great-result-w-video-and-pics.html
http://youtu.be/E6G_IL7zhR4

Old 03-25-2015, 10:14 PM
SlimPaul
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I red the older post. Thank you! That's actually very useful. And the bike sounds great; I bet it's x10 better if heard live.

I also understand that it should be enough to loosen the heat shield.

I don't have much room or tool for extra drilling and cutting original baffles (live in condo and there's a sort of shared garage with strict rukes): if I want the full mod like you I might have it done by a mechanic..

Old 03-25-2015, 11:44 PM
128auto
Extreme HDF Member
Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

Yes it does sound better in person. Job isn't hard to do. Loosen the heat shield, a vice, hacksaw and drill. Of coz it is much easier to do that prior to installation. Good luck!

Originally Posted by SlimPaul
I red the older post. Thank you! That's actually very useful. And the bike sounds great; I bet it's x10 better if heard live.

I also understand that it should be enough to loosen the heat shield.

I don't have much room or tool for extra drilling and cutting original baffles (live in condo and there's a sort of shared garage with strict rukes): if I want the full mod like you I might have it done by a mechanic..

Old 04-08-2015, 08:25 AM
SlimPaul
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BCT Installation complete

I want to follow up on the topic since I got the BCT QQ installed on my bike:
2014 Softail Slim
V&H now with QQ BCT

Let me start saying that the installation is a pain in the neck..! I have to admit thou that I have limited room/tools for the job.
That said, I got the original baffles from V&H removed and the new QQ BCT installed.

Amazing! The sound changed quite drastically; deeper, throatier and the metallic kind of tone is gone. I am very, very pleased with these.
In terms of loudness I'd say that is pretty much the same at idling but the benefit is seen while cruising, both in term of quality of sound and quietness.

The only bad point is the cost; honestly they are quite expensive in comparison to the competition but I am so happy with them that I would buy them again.