Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to replace kickstand????

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2006 | 05:40 PM
kaduku
|
Road Captain
Default RE: How to replace kickstand????

Was going to put one of those extensions, but found out they cost over 50 bucks, so I decided to get used to it.

Old 05-05-2006 | 06:00 PM
WgSkee
Road Captain

Damnnn... $50 bucks I'll get used to mine too.... Hmmmmmmmmmmm. maybe Rudedog and Co. can come up with an extention to that.. LOL[sm=biker2.gif]

Old 05-05-2006 | 06:44 PM
RudeDog
Road Warrior

I made up 2 for mine. The first one, made out of 5/16 stainless rod, is too large and heavy and the second one, made out of a piece of bent 1/4x1" stainless flat stock, works but still seems heavy. I have no doubt I'll come up with something.

Now to the kickstand dilemma... Is yours bolted to the frame with 4 bolts or slid in and held in place with a cotter pin?

Old 05-05-2006 | 07:37 PM
WgSkee
Road Captain

Rudedog to the rescue... Why did I know you'd already have one done... geeeezzzz... I'll go check mine out in a while.

Old 05-05-2006 | 08:20 PM
RudeDog
Road Warrior

Hehe. This is my second "project" bike and I've already made the tank lift, jiffy stand extension, and a luggage rack (big for long trips). I've dabbled in making a fork brace but we've got no CNC at work and it's difficult getting the holes the correct size and perfectly round with a hole saw and a die grinder. I've had my jiffystand off to bend it back to it's original shape. befoe I had to lean the bike far right to get it down. BTW it's the cotter pin style.

Old 05-05-2006 | 09:49 PM
WgSkee
Road Captain

Rudedog.. Mines the cotter pin style....

Old 05-05-2006 | 09:55 PM
kaduku
|
Road Captain

So it sounds pretty easy, actually bending it might have saved me some dough! Thanks RudeDog!

Old 05-05-2006 | 10:29 PM
RudeDog
Road Warrior

O.K., to remove that sucker, you'll need to get it up on a bike lift with the front leg of the lift as far forward as you can safely lift it.
Next grab your needlenose pliers, looking through the frame and engine gap, try to get that cotter pin outta there (a flash light comes in handy for this leg of the operation). Do not lose the washer that's on the cotter pin side.
Jack that sucker up to the sky and ease the jiffystand out by rotating it upwards and downwards to get the best angle out. (Sorry but I forgot which way mine came out best). It goes back in just the opposite way.
Make sure you use a new cotter pin when reassembling to make sure that sucker dosen't fall out while riding.

Old 05-05-2006 | 10:32 PM
kaduku
|
Road Captain

You Da Man RudeDog! You Rock Bro! Hopefully the stand comes in tomorrow.

Old 05-05-2006 | 11:25 PM
RudeDog
Road Warrior

Quick Reply: How to replace kickstand????