Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pics of 09 Street Bob with black covers?

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2009 | 03:16 PM
bwk125
|
1st Gear
Default Pics of 09 Street Bob with black covers?

I'm in the market for an 09 Street Bob after finally getting the insurance on my stolen 08. I was thinking about getting the black primary, rocker box, cam etc covers but I'd like to see what it looks like before I shell out the dough. Anyone have any pics? Thanks!

Old 04-10-2009 | 08:28 AM
IrishBrewed
Advanced

Originally Posted by bwk125
I'm in the market for an 09 Street Bob after finally getting the insurance on my stolen 08. I was thinking about getting the black primary, rocker box, cam etc covers but I'd like to see what it looks like before I shell out the dough. Anyone have any pics? Thanks!
If you do the primary make sure to do the inner also. I did the outer first and it look goofy against the cast gray...I did not do the rocker or cam covers...

http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/o...d/DSC02092.jpg

http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/o...d/DSC02093.jpg

Old 04-10-2009 | 08:37 AM
DSnoopy
Elite HDF Member

Off topic a little, but if you do the black covers, are you getting black pipes or chrome?

Old 04-10-2009 | 09:23 AM
IrishBrewed
Advanced

Originally Posted by DSnoopy
Off topic a little, but if you do the black covers, are you getting black pipes or chrome?
I actually think that is a good question, if I would have had the black covers to begin with I never would've blacked my Big Shots I would have left them chrome...I think unless you have the black denim bike and going with an all out blackout I would leave the pipes chrome for contrast against the black covers...

Old 04-10-2009 | 10:51 AM
DeathProof72
Road Master

Why not just save some money and get an 08 then? Seems like defeating the purpose to me to get an '09 only to spend money trying to make it look like an '08 or earlier, unless you really like the rear fender and tail light and black rims on the 09s. IMO, the silver wrinkle covers make the bike stand out from the endless stream of black on black on black bikes that everyone seems to have nowadays. But as I always say, to each his own...

Old 04-10-2009 | 11:02 AM
FUQUA
Road Master

It's not an 09 but here's some black covers for ya.....and you dont have to do the inner primary i didn't....and i dont think my ride looks goofy.

Attached Thumbnails Pics of 09 Street Bob with black covers?-hpim0660.jpg   Pics of 09 Street Bob with black covers?-good-close-covers.jpg   Pics of 09 Street Bob with black covers?-no-badges.jpg  

Last edited by FUQUA; 04-10-2009 at 11:06 AM.
Old 04-10-2009 | 11:11 AM
bberck
Elite HDF Member

Cheak out Tweakins bike. He had some pictures of his with black covers on it but he switched them to chrome now. The 09 Bob motor looks awesome with chrome covers IMO.

Old 04-10-2009 | 11:28 AM
devils haircut
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by bberck
Cheak out Tweakins bike. He had some pictures of his with black covers on it but he switched them to chrome now. The 09 Bob motor looks awesome with chrome covers IMO.
+1, You beat me to it!!!
Tweakin's bike is badass, and I think chrome covers look best on the 09' bob motor. I think his choice of pipes makes a big difference too though.

Old 04-10-2009 | 01:49 PM
DeathProof72
Road Master

Originally Posted by FUQUA
It's not an 09 but here's some black covers for ya.....and you dont have to do the inner primary i didn't....and i dont think my ride looks goofy.
That's kind of the look I will have ultimately (not gloss in my case), just not doing the outer primary, just the derby cover, the ttrans cover and crankcase cover, in wrinkle black. More for contrasting than for blacking for the sake of blacking..

Old 04-10-2009 | 02:04 PM
FUQUA
Road Master

Originally Posted by DeathProof72
That's kind of the look I will have ultimately (not gloss in my case), just not doing the outer primary, just the derby cover, the ttrans cover and crankcase cover, in wrinkle black. More for contrasting than for blacking for the sake of blacking..
Exactly the reason i did it, adds depth to the motor. Powdercoating my tripple trees,shift and brake lever,and adding complete chrome hand controls first of next week......im excited

Quick Reply: Pics of 09 Street Bob with black covers?