Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SE stage 1 ?'s

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2006 | 09:02 PM
misterrick
|
Cruiser
Default SE stage 1 ?'s

alright guys im gonna pull out my newbie card. I started looking at pipes and air cleaner for my 06 dyna. I would like to go hypercharger/drag but want to keep warranty. I called the dealer and they told me to go with the SE slip on's, A/C and download. Now ?'s are is that considered a full stage 1. Also some other ?s for ya. Do the SE slip on's pipes have a removable baffle, is the filter element on the air filter like a K&N, and what is it a download or a module. and just being curious what did you all that have this done end up paying for all of it in the end and is it worth it. I hear the pipes are not very loud, but this may not be a bad thing.

Old 05-02-2006 | 09:34 PM
sbolt
Advanced
Default RE: SE stage 1 ?'s

1. yes that constitutes a stage I
2. i have no clue if the SE slip ons have removable baffles
3. the filter element in my SE a/c is a washable paper element ( as opposed to an oiled foam filter element)
4. the download is what tells the EFI that it can inhale and exhale different than stock ( think rejetting but with electrons)
5. pipes ( I have the SEIs, are pretty nice. Pipes are about as subjective as it gets- the wise man will listen first. The people that do not think they are loud have already suffered some degree of permanent hearing loss. On the Karmic auditory wheel, I am still trying to make up for the open Hooker 2 into 1 I had in my misspent youth. Again, it's a extremely personal choice.

Old 05-02-2006 | 11:23 PM
misterrick
|
Cruiser

Im also assuming that because the dealer suggested all this and i expressed i wanted to retain my warranty that no of this will void it.

Old 05-02-2006 | 11:34 PM
Angry_Monkey
Cruiser

All of that is warranty legal. The SEII pipes have removable bafles, some have replaced their stock baffles with aftermarket ones. From what I've heard the hyperchargers are crap. I'd look at the SE a/c or Ness Big Sucker. The SEIIs have decent not obnoxious sound.

Old 05-03-2006 | 05:06 PM
misterrick
|
Cruiser

sounds good just want to keep thing under warranty you never know what might happen

Old 05-03-2006 | 05:20 PM
phreak
Road Master

The whole warranty issue is as subjective as a choice in pipes. You will hear different things phrom different people.

My dealer didn't have a problem with me putting Cycle Shack slip ons on my Sporty, or V&H on my Dyna. In phact they don't have an issue with my changing my own phluids either.

As long as you don't take a sawzall to your bike to phixxx it you should be phine.