Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Notching a Rigid Solo Rack

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2009, 07:41 PM
crsowa
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rounder
bikersfriend... they have a pad you can put on the fender, and the bag will attach without any need for a rack or sissybar. Also has a backrest for a more pleasant journey. Several sizes available. Check out all the options at www.bikersfriend.com
+1 on this. I have a cross country trip in june ( Route 66 from Chicago to CA) and I think I'll be getting one... there just so darn pricey!

Old 04-08-2009, 10:42 PM
tbrenan
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Carrying "stuff" depends on 2 things, bering a fashionesta or practical, we had a Motherwell on our Sportster, a piece of lambskin under the rack and and cheap throwovers under the rack on top of the lambskin, we carried a 3 man tent, a very big leather bag all held down with an elastic "spider" the hooks attached to the tail lights and to cable guides attached to any bolt on the rear end, we never had any problems weight or handling wise.

We ride for fun not looks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-08-2009, 11:06 PM
DMV11982
Cruiser

Yeah, there is a pillion you can attach to the rigid solo rack..that is the one i am getting...I wish they had it in Denim Black though...guess I will have to spray paint it!

Old 07-23-2009, 01:04 PM
reesestewww
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by crsowa
+1 on this. I have a cross country trip in june ( Route 66 from Chicago to CA) and I think I'll be getting one... there just so darn pricey!
I really like mine. I'd recommend one. much nicer to ride w/o a windshield too when you have something against your back.

Old 07-23-2009, 01:26 PM
BeavisRules
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have the rigid rack on my Streetbob and absolutely love it. I also purchased the pillion pad/sissy bar for the wife. Takes about 2 seconds to go from 1-up to 2-up.

I will take a couple better pictures today for you if you like.

Old 07-23-2009, 02:50 PM
BeavisRules
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I just noticed you are in the Springs. Let me know if you want to look at this set-up closer and I can meet you at Pikes Peak Harley or something.

Here are some better pictures:

Attached Thumbnails Notching a Rigid Solo Rack-rsiderack.jpg   Notching a Rigid Solo Rack-rearrack.jpg   Notching a Rigid Solo Rack-lsiderack.jpg   Notching a Rigid Solo Rack-rsidepillion.jpg   Notching a Rigid Solo Rack-lsidepillion.jpg  

Old 07-23-2009, 04:53 PM
SuperFastGlide
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

saddlebags

Old 07-23-2009, 05:43 PM
'09fxdb
Tourer

Originally Posted by rockon
It's a long ride to work with more weight than I want to carry on my back.
Wadda ya carry a tractor to work??? It's work for god's sake...through a sandwich..a coke..some rain gear in there an your all set...adjust your straps and the backpack sits on the passenger seat..when you get off, there is nothing left attached to your bike..if you need to carry more,...trade it in on a truck.

Old 07-24-2009, 08:28 AM
MasterGunz
Tourer

Originally Posted by BeavisRules
I just noticed you are in the Springs. Let me know if you want to look at this set-up closer and I can meet you at Pikes Peak Harley or something.

Here are some better pictures:
Really nice set-up. It that your stock solo seat? I'm concerned that if I choose to get an aftermarket seat that it won't match with the passenger pillion.

Old 07-24-2009, 08:51 AM
DeathProof72
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What I did, and it worked best since I didn't have to mount anything, was just picked up a medium sized back pack (one designed and reinforced for motorcycle use). No mods to the bike, and now I can carry all my work stuff to and from (including a cover for the dusty parking lot). I got the MSR Attack Pack (under $40 from a guy on ebay), which for the price (or any price for that matter) is a pretty decent pack.. Rode with the thing full for 160 miles the other day and it was not uncomfortable at all.

Last edited by DeathProof72; 07-24-2009 at 09:11 AM.

Quick Reply: Notching a Rigid Solo Rack