Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FatBob to a Street Glide

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2009 | 10:28 PM
YesterdaysCorn
|
Cruiser
Question FatBob to a Street Glide

Man I love my FatBob, it's my first Harley and I have had it just over a year. I was at the dealer the other day and the Street Glide has really got my attention, love the bags, fairing and radio.
Has anyone here had thoughts about taking it up a level? I heard the 09 really handles well.

Maybe I can convince the wife I need two bikes not sure how I will start that conversation....ahahaahah

Old 04-07-2009 | 10:32 PM
bberck
Elite HDF Member

I test rode one the other day and it rides really good. I would like to have one someday but riding it made me realize how much more fun riding my Dyna is.

Old 04-07-2009 | 10:54 PM
07fxdwg
Road Captain

If I wasn't so far into mine I would have either a Street Glide or an Ultra. My 07 Wide Glide was my first and pretty much got it because I always liked them and was the only bike I had ridden because I didn't have a license and rode my ex wifes 06 Wide Glide. I demo rode an Ultra at Daytona and was suprised how comfortable and well balanced it was. Can't afford 2 right now but maybe late fall can pick up a deal on a leftover and have both.

Old 04-07-2009 | 10:55 PM
archergodwin
Elite HDF Member

I don't consider moving to a touring setup, 'up a level' .... it's just a different way of riding. If that is what appeals to ya, then do it.

I'll stick with my Dyna.... I can hang bags and stuff off it for going on trips, and then strip it back down again.

But I agree, the street glide is a nice looking ride.

Old 04-07-2009 | 11:05 PM
MNrider
Tourer

I thought I wanted a street glide until I rode one at a demo days. Sure the radio was cool, it did handle well. But it did not fit me. I would need to ditch the floor boards and then try it again. They do look sweet, but I'm happy with what I have.

Old 04-07-2009 | 11:25 PM
FXDF103
Advanced

Some day when I'm ready for a bagger I'll move "sideways" to a Road Glide. Short windshield, no trunk.

Old 04-08-2009 | 12:56 AM
red devil
Outstanding HDF Member

I would love to have streetglide in the collection! The only complaints I have are the floorboards/heel-toe shifter. To me it just felt like the heel shifter was in the way and I wasn't to comfortable with the floorboards, especially when I came to a stop and I had to watch wear I put my feet. But those things can be changed and wouldn't stop me from buying one.

Old 04-08-2009 | 01:08 AM
rockon
Outstanding HDF Member

I don't consider it an upgrade and have no interest in one...my FXDB suits me 100%.

Old 04-08-2009 | 01:40 AM
Pendragon
Cruiser

I love my Street Bob 100%!!! However I just took the step recently and gotten myself an 09 Ultra, the most noticeable difference other than the appearance and radio and storage is the comfort these tourings have. Having said that, the HUGE smile I get on my face when i get on my Dyna makes the difference to me, and that is why i would not sell the Dyna!

Old 04-08-2009 | 01:59 AM
Monochrome
Road Captain

Different types of rides, both have their appeal. You can ask other people, you can make a list of pros and cons, make lists comparing each bike but the best way is to test ride. I would ride down on my dyna, test ride the glide and then see how I feel back on the dyna on the ride home. Happy to be back on it or wishing it was the other, quickest way to get a true baseline of its for you.

When I test rode a RK I really wanted one but I did not want one at the cost of trading my Bob. So it was either keep the Bob or add the King, which is fine if your wife will agree, if not and you want both then basically you are f..king with your biking karma . Just be warned!

The two bike way always sounds good but I read a good few posts on here from guys who kept a dyna or softail when they got their tourer and say they hardly ride the first bike anymore, but then you could always sell it.

Quick Reply: FatBob to a Street Glide