Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FatBob to a Street Glide

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2009 | 03:02 AM
PKellyMc
Outstanding HDF Member
From: PacNW; Beacon of Conservatism in a Sea of Liberals.......AZ Snowbird; Just another Conservative

Ugh, what mean-um "up a level" paleface?!?!

Old 04-08-2009 | 04:17 AM
PigInaBlanket
Club Member

Originally Posted by rockon
I don't consider it an upgrade and have no interest in one...my FXDB suits me 100%.
Same here and besides I already have a car with storage space, a radio, climate controls and I can take passengers along.

Old 04-08-2009 | 06:25 AM
carltex
Road Warrior

I know what you mean. I was at the parts store couple months ago and picked up an '06 Street Glide for a more than reasonable price. So now I have an '07 FXDI and an '06 FLHX sitting in the garage. Didn't really have to start the conversation with the wife. All I did was have to show it to her cause she wanted us to get one anyway. Besides the color kinda matches my truck. If I should happen to lose my job for some odd reason guess I could get rid of one, but which?

Last edited by carltex; 04-08-2009 at 06:28 AM.
Old 04-08-2009 | 10:08 AM
YesterdaysCorn
|
Cruiser

Yeah....I guess that was a wrong choice of words....(Up a level) what the hell was I thinking all the Dyna's are SWEET, and I must say the Bob handles like a dream.

I'm going crazy not being able to ride... been 4 weeks and have at least another 4 to go....good thing because if I would have test rode last weekend I would prolly have two bikes in the garage

Sometimes it's easier to ask for forgiveness than it is permission....

Thanks for the reply's....some great comments that make ya take a step back and think

Cheers

Old 04-08-2009 | 10:52 AM
DaveC671
Advanced

I did the exact opposite and sold my 06 Street Glide and bought a Fat Bob. Most on here thought I was crazy, but it was the right choice for me. I found with a change of job I now had longer hours and a company car. My riding changed to 90% solo and a lot of tearing up the local roads. I actually put more miles on the fat bob because I am riding more. I won't speculate on why!

For me it was the right choice and I have no regrets. Just truly decide what your needs/wants are and get what you want.

Old 04-08-2009 | 07:41 PM
kappy
Intermediate

i'm trading in an 08 streetglide for a fat bob this week,its just a matter of feel,the streetglide is like owning a cadillac,its a comfortable bike. but i went from an fxd to the street glide and i made a big mistake,i enjoyed the handling and feel of the dyna frame much better. but you don't find that out til you have ridden the bike a while.if you have a friend with a street glide see if he will let you check it out for a decent ride. its a lot of money to put out and not be sure,i know because i did it and i'm taking a beating on the resale of the street glide. good luck

Old 04-08-2009 | 11:43 PM
user 5342924
Banned

I guess it all comes down to what you like. I sold my '09 Road Glide and really appreciate the much lighter weight and handling of my Fat Bob. I only took one long trip on the RG and it was great for that but around town in traffic and for the majority of the riding I do, the Dyna is way more enjoyable. They're all good and if you can afford more than one so much the better as I think they all have compromises. In fact if I could I would have five so I could have one for each type of riding I like to do.

Old 04-08-2009 | 11:59 PM
JakeInMa
Outstanding HDF Member

If I could have another bike it'd be a Street Glide. I want one in the worst way, yet I wouldn't want to get rid of my LR. I did take a SG for a ride with the Mrs. last year and I loved it. She said that it really wasn't anymore comfortable than the LR though. Me thinks she was just saying that so I wouldn't fork over the $$$...wimmins!

Old 04-09-2009 | 12:05 AM
donr101395
Extreme HDF Member

I tend to keep stuff for a long time. Example, when I the wife told me I should buy a new truck I said why, she said because the newest car you own is the 76 Bronco. So I bought an 03 Ranger in 06.
That said, my next bike will be a Road King, but the Street Bob will be staying.

Old 04-09-2009 | 12:25 AM
SURFOR Chop
Elite HDF Member

I stopped at Downtown H-D in Renton (Seattle area for those not from Pac NW) ... I hadn't been to their new location since they moved from Tukwila and a shipmate was talking about having visited their new showroom last weekend ....

Had seen this thread and was sort of mulling over the question ... also, I have a neigbor and both the husband and wife have Street Glides. He got an '09 and at the same time she got a Sportster 1200 Custom ... about a month later she turned it back for an '06 Street Glide ....

Well, I'd been eyeing them ....

Long story short: I looked at the '09 FLHX as well as a few of the used Street Glides ... none of those bikes were as comfortable (i.e. fit wise) for me as my current ride ... the reason for that, of course, might have something to do with the fact that there is precious little on my bike that remains stock ... !

Seems every once in a while I get an itch to see what's new ... I get the feeling I'll own this bike for a long time ... if, as and when I get another I think I'll either get a vintage 'fixer upper/basket case' or some such ... or I've kind of kicked this idea around as well--get a 'kit' bike or build my own from aftermarket parts.

I could get a Paughco replica 1958 FLH swingarm frame and a S&S panhead (or equivalent late model panhead ... maybe the "Pandemonium") ... and go from there ....

Any way ... pretty sure a Street Glide is not in my future ... [no disrespect to those who covet them or bought one ... they're nice bikes!]

R/
Priest

Quick Reply: FatBob to a Street Glide