Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Chrome or Black V&H BSS

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2009, 09:53 AM
DGDyna
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Question Chrome or Black V&H BSS

What is your opinion on how the black pipes would look with the silver powder coated engine and mid-controls on an '09 FXD? I want the V&H Big Shot Staggered but don't know what finish to go with.

I know that it's up to me to put on what I like. I'm just trying to find out what I like!

Any on have pics?

Old 04-07-2009, 10:05 AM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

chrome... they flow so much better! check out tweekn's bike! sick!

Old 04-07-2009, 10:09 AM
r00k
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

chrome, everyone is going with black these days.

I say cut against the grain.

(I have chrome... er, maybe go with black )

Old 04-07-2009, 10:10 AM
bberck
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I like the looks of the chrome better with the silver motor but have seen people tie in the black pipes nicely.

Old 04-07-2009, 10:12 AM
rounder
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

gonna depend on if you have any plans for more black in the future.

Old 04-07-2009, 10:17 AM
DGDyna
Tourer
Question

I was slightly leaning toward chrome but I'm not sure I want to stay on top of cleaning them all the time. That's one reason I thought of getting the black. I also thought the contrast of the silver and black (no. not the Oakland Raiders!) would look good.

Joe, I thought the chrome and black were the same pipes, just a different finish. Are you saying that there are performance differences? Do the chrome have the "power chamber" and the black don't?

Old 04-07-2009, 11:06 AM
SuperglideKen
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I just went through all this just last week. I ended up going with the Black and glad I did. I think it's a fine mix of Black & chrome. The only problem is I'm using the SE exhaust gasket and think I'm going to have to go back to the Tapered Stock ones to get rid of a small exhaust leak. Anybody else have a problem getting the SE gaskets to seal??

Attached Thumbnails Chrome or Black V&H BSS-finish3.jpg   Chrome or Black V&H BSS-finish.jpg  
Old 04-07-2009, 11:17 AM
Sammi
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by DGDyna
I was slightly leaning toward chrome but I'm not sure I want to stay on top of cleaning them all the time. That's one reason I thought of getting the black. I also thought the contrast of the silver and black (no. not the Oakland Raiders!) would look good.

Joe, I thought the chrome and black were the same pipes, just a different finish. Are you saying that there are performance differences? Do the chrome have the "power chamber" and the black don't?
Go with which ever looks better to you.

I don't think cleaning should be a big deal. Keeping chrome clean is pretty easy.

Sammi

Old 04-07-2009, 11:24 AM
Ozzie Dave
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DGDyna

I think Joe meant the look flows better as opposed to the exhaust flowing better.

Cheers
David

Old 04-07-2009, 11:24 AM
Hickey
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Sammi
Go with which ever looks better to you.

I don't think cleaning should be a big deal. Keeping chrome clean is pretty easy.

Sammi
+1, I went with chrome on my shortshots, even though my engine is black. They compliment eachother. Plus, a nice mirror finished on freshly cleaned chrome is really satisfying.

Quick Reply: Chrome or Black V&H BSS