Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Motorcycle Metal Shock Set Up

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2009, 01:55 PM
SC-Longhair
Club Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Putting the mouse down and stepping away from this thread before I get caught in the crossfire.

Last edited by SC-Longhair; 04-08-2009 at 02:01 PM.
Old 04-08-2009, 02:13 PM
rounder
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by SC-Longhair
Putting the mouse down and stepping away from this thread before I get caught in the crossfire.
lol I know I ain't gonna argue with anyone.

Deathproof, in my sig pic is the Ohlin s36E. It is 305mm(12.1"). It is a beautiful riding shock. If you weigh around 180 or so, Ohlin stock build is for your weight. Howard may only need to change springs and internals if you weigh more or less than the shock was originally built for or if you do a lot of 2up riding. I think these are about the best piece of equipment on my bike.
I highly recommend working with Howard and getting them.

Old 04-08-2009, 04:02 PM
DeathProof72
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rounder
lol I know I ain't gonna argue with anyone.

Deathproof, in my sig pic is the Ohlin s36E. It is 305mm(12.1"). It is a beautiful riding shock. If you weigh around 180 or so, Ohlin stock build is for your weight. Howard may only need to change springs and internals if you weigh more or less than the shock was originally built for or if you do a lot of 2up riding. I think these are about the best piece of equipment on my bike.
I highly recommend working with Howard and getting them.
That's kind of the reason why I am looking to have the shock modded as opposed to off the shelf.. weight. I weigh 160 so most shocks are an issue for me with stock setup. I rarely do any 2 up riding so probably once I get the shocks dialed in right, I will be all set, but definitely think I will work with Howard and have faith that he will right by me (which I have no reason to doubt).

Old 04-08-2009, 04:33 PM
Uquackmeup
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is really a coincidence. I just got off the phone ordering my Ohlins from Howard. All I can say is I've never spoke with him before or done business with him but he took about an hour talking shocks with me. In a world where everyone seems to take my money and run, it's great to actually get customer service. I'll post a review after I get the shocks on. I just ordered the basic 36E.

Ron

Old 04-09-2009, 08:36 AM
rounder
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by DeathProof72
That's kind of the reason why I am looking to have the shock modded as opposed to off the shelf.. weight. I weigh 160 so most shocks are an issue for me with stock setup. I rarely do any 2 up riding so probably once I get the shocks dialed in right, I will be all set, but definitely think I will work with Howard and have faith that he will right by me (which I have no reason to doubt).
cool good move on the Ohlins and Howard. BTW my shocks were dialed out of the box. Preload was set. I experimented with the preload just for experimentation.

Old 04-09-2009, 09:05 AM
DeathProof72
Road Master

Originally Posted by rounder
cool good move on the Ohlins and Howard. BTW my shocks were dialed out of the box. Preload was set. I experimented with the preload just for experimentation.
Any way you can post a better pic of the shocks on your bike? Just interested as well in how toe Ohlins look on the bike. Without the collars, looks a bit naked from afar..

Old 04-09-2009, 09:11 AM
rounder
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by DeathProof72
Any way you can post a better pic of the shocks on your bike? Just interested as well in how toe Ohlins look on the bike. Without the collars, looks a bit naked from afar..
sure... to me the shocks look killer. They have an aggressive appearance to them. Love it.
My photo's aren't the greatest....
Ohlin has a chrome pretty shock too the HD218: http://www.ohlins.com/Motorcycle/Hid...0/Default.aspx
You can also get chrome springs for the ones I have. Howard can give pricing info on the shocks and options for you.

Attached Thumbnails Motorcycle Metal Shock Set Up-050.jpg   Motorcycle Metal Shock Set Up-054.jpg   Motorcycle Metal Shock Set Up-052.jpg  

Last edited by rounder; 04-09-2009 at 09:18 AM.
Old 04-09-2009, 11:06 AM
Tnbrit
Road Captain
Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts
Default Fender

Sorry to crash the thread but,Rounder what front Fender do you have it actually follows the radius of the wheel my 07FXD fender looks like it was made for a different wheel.
Thanks,Graham.

Old 04-09-2009, 12:02 PM
DeathProof72
Road Master

Originally Posted by Tnbrit
Sorry to crash the thread but,Rounder what front Fender do you have it actually follows the radius of the wheel my 07FXD fender looks like it was made for a different wheel.
Thanks,Graham.
Looks like a different wheel/tire to me...

Old 04-09-2009, 03:46 PM
rounder
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by Tnbrit
Thanks,Graham.
check out the 09 night train/ softail custom. They dropped the fender down for 09 to hug the 21" wheel. Thats the fender I have. It fits 41mm wideglide front end, also what I have.
I believe that H-D also decreased the space between fender and tire on the 09 dyna models as well.

Quick Reply: Motorcycle Metal Shock Set Up