Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

fatbob seat on a street bob

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2009, 03:08 PM
zombiesawyer
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fatbob seat on a street bob

does anyone have a picture of a fatbob stock seat on a street bob? also, would anyone happen to know if the riding position is the same as the 09 stock street bob seat? i was curious because i bought a lowrider seat but it pushes me forward to much and i was hoping that maybe a fatbob seat will push me back a little. i searched soem threads but some say it moves you back and some say it moves you forward. i guess it depends on your size. i'm 5'9" with 30" inseam of that helps. any pics and or advice would be appreciated. thanks.

Old 04-05-2009, 03:15 PM
rockon
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

I'm pretty sure AdrianVall does. No idea on riding position though.

Old 04-05-2009, 03:22 PM
zombiesawyer
Intermediate

i talked to hm a bit and he was helpful but he didn't have any pictures. he had a badlander and said that the fatbob pushed him forward. i'm pretty sure that i'm going to get a fatbob seat but i wanted to see if anyone else had something to add before i go out and get it.

Old 04-05-2009, 03:37 PM
rockon
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by zombiesawyer
i talked to hm a bit and he was helpful but he didn't have any pictures. he had a badlander and said that the fatbob pushed him forward. i'm pretty sure that i'm going to get a fatbob seat but i wanted to see if anyone else had something to add before i go out and get it.
It doesn't surprise me that it pushed him forward of where the Badlander had him. I haven't gotten rid of my stock '08 FXDB seat yet, and while comfy for the long haul, it pushes me further forward than I like...I sit further forward than I like, and it feels like I'm riding on top of the bike rather than in it. My Lepera 2-Up Daytona sets me back further in a more comfy position, but I don't like riding 2-up if I don't need to.

Old 04-05-2009, 05:06 PM
tstyles
Cruiser

I put a '09 street bob seat on my fat bob and it definitely pushed me forward a bit. I loved the look, but I sold the solo seat and put my fat bob seat back on. The fat bob seat will set you back a bit and down, too. I'm 5'9" w/ 30" inseam, too and the seating position is perfect with the fat bob seat.

Old 04-05-2009, 06:56 PM
AdrianVall
Elite HDF Member
Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

I'm 5' 8" with a 30" inseam. Fat bob seat definitely pushed me forward from the badlander, but the badlander also moved me about an inch, inch and a half back from stock. The Fat bob seat put me right back at stock position. But, I'm not sure how the 09 seat sits ya... so I can't tell you for sure. You'd just have to buy the seat and find out for yourself. I'm sure you wouldn't lose any money if you tried to sell it. Plenty of them on Ebay for cheap.

Fat Bob seat:

Name:  IMGP3392-sized.jpg
Views: 10310
Size:  97.2 KB

Badlander seat:

Name:  sized-yay.jpg
Views: 6905
Size:  45.1 KB

Old 04-05-2009, 07:06 PM
zombiesawyer
Intermediate

i do like the way that fabob seat looks on the street bob. i don't think there is too much difference between the 08 and 09 sb seats other then the styling. looks like they would both sit you in the same spot. i think i'm going to get the fatbob seat. i just have to wait for the p.o.s. dealer to open up again (closed for the last 4days for some rally 150 miles away). is the 08 and 09 fatbob seats the same? or did they change like the sb's?

Last edited by zombiesawyer; 04-05-2009 at 08:18 PM.
Old 04-05-2009, 08:47 PM
coachwes
Novice

my dealer let me test out there sets , by swaping them out on the bikes in the store on to the low rider . i ended up with the sundowner . it sat me back a littel and is very comfy . but the extra soft and tall passenger seat just dont have the look i was after . I was so sold on the seating possition that i didnt walk back and check the bike at a distance . now i have to sell it and get the screamining eagle seat .good possition but sucks for the passanger. or i can just swap when she wants to ride lol .

Old 07-27-2013, 08:24 PM
cleuci
Intermediate

I'm looking at picking up a stock 2-up fat bob seat for my 2010 street bob too. I have two different part numbers I'm looking at , one is the part number 53108-09, and the other is 53108-08. What gives? Does anyone know if it will fit? Any help would be appreciated!

Old 07-28-2013, 01:59 AM
HYPR
Road Master
Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

I still have my original stock seat which I never used since I bought the bike with the reduced reach seat. I sold the reduced reach to a forum member when I bought my Saddleman seat.
Bob

Quick Reply: fatbob seat on a street bob