Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

02 lowered Lowrider Jiffy Stand ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2009, 01:07 AM
voigtster
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 02 lowered Lowrider Jiffy Stand ?

Anybody know if somebody make a jiffy stand for my lowered Lowrider, I see J&P Has a 1in under stock for the Dyna Glide and can't seem to find anything else anywhere... I'm don't like the lack of lean when on the stock stand..

Old 04-05-2009, 07:10 AM
dynarule
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There have been some guys that have heated and bent there's to take care of this, but Im not a real fan of this idea. Does the one from J&P look like it will fit yours? Not sure if they made any changes on the newer bikes or not,but one inch under will make a huge difference.

Old 04-05-2009, 08:04 AM
RudeDog
Road Warrior
Received 14 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by voigtster
Anybody know if somebody make a jiffy stand for my lowered Lowrider, I see J&P Has a 1in under stock for the Dyna Glide and can't seem to find anything else anywhere... I'm don't like the lack of lean when on the stock stand..
Are you sure the one in J&P isn't the one you have right now? The Lowrider comes from the factory with a shorter kickstand. I've heard alot of people who have heated and bent their jiffystands and had no problems. Get it red hot in 1 or 2 spots and let it lean over till it's where you want it, hold it there for about 10 minutes and just remember to let it cool down on it's own, i.e. no water.

The jiffystand is actually over engineered in my opinion which is why this can be accomplished.

Old 04-05-2009, 09:23 AM
JaronB
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

go to the dealership and match part numbers in jiffy's for the LR and the other Dyna's and see if they are the same and then you should be able to justify buying the J&P or not. Or just buy it and match it up!! Your bike has a ground clearance of 4.6" and seat height of 25.2. And a 2002 Super glide has 5.4" ground clearance and 26.5" seat height. Seat height is a big difference, but that's the seat not the bike! .8" diff between ground clearance you might not have the shorter one, but like I said find some part numbers and match them. Hope this helps because I don't know who else sell short ones! You can search for Bosken and see what he did because his bike is slammed!!

Last edited by JaronB; 04-05-2009 at 09:30 AM.
Old 04-05-2009, 09:27 AM
traveler
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

I went with the 1 inch under from J&P after I put the 11" shocks on the rear of my bike, and it works GREAT!

~Joe

Old 08-02-2009, 12:08 AM
flyboyup
Stage I
Default Your SG setup!

I like the way you set your Super Glide up. You have capitalized on a normally plane bike and made it into something really great. Good job.

I also love Jesus Christ and am glad to see you state that out right. Not many Christians who can dress a bike the way you have!

See you soon!

flyboyup

Old 08-02-2009, 08:26 AM
Cornhusker
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I lowered the front and rear and heated and bent the OEM Jiffy Stand. No problems.

Old 08-02-2009, 08:33 AM
badwiser
Cruiser

What did you do to lower it? and how much?

Old 09-08-2009, 01:48 PM
kilocharlie7
Advanced
Lightbulb Lowered my wife's bike.

We have a 2009 FXDB, lowered front and rear both.

Front was the drop in Progressive Suspension lowering kit.. I can't believe how easy that was to install. We did find out that the fork cap threads were buggered when installed at the factory. HD replaced, free, no probs.

The rear shocks are Progressive suspension as well.. 11".. For my little girl to ride is now much easier.. She's 5'3".. started on a Nightster last year and is doing great.

I'm having the same problem most are with lowered bikes.. the jiffy stand is too long now. I'm not super-excited about torching the jiffy stand to heat it up.

There is an after-market stand that claims to be 1" under.. if you search part number 27-0593 Jiffy Stand, you'll find it. I'm thinking for $43, I might just try it and let ya'll know.

Old 09-08-2009, 04:55 PM
kilocharlie7
Advanced
Default I've ordered it..

We'll let you know!

Quick Reply: 02 lowered Lowrider Jiffy Stand ?