Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

02 lowered Lowrider Jiffy Stand ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2009, 08:32 PM
kilocharlie7
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Worked like a charm!! Everyone that lowered their Dyna Low or Street Bob oughta have one of these.. No banging on nothing, no torching.. SWEET!

Old 09-17-2009, 08:58 PM
muleman
Advanced

why dont you just place 3-4 washers in the two bottom holes in the mount and just space it out.. like a wedge.. might have to get longer bolts though..

Old 10-09-2009, 05:40 PM
kilocharlie7
Advanced
Wink Not a softail

Originally Posted by muleman
why dont you just place 3-4 washers in the two bottom holes in the mount and just space it out.. like a wedge.. might have to get longer bolts though..

I can only assume you're talking about either a soft-tail or maybe tour bike. The dyna has a different set up that doesn't quite work that way.

Old 10-09-2009, 06:16 PM
vet767
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I guess my question is why you would lower a Lowrider. I bottom out on speed bumps at anything over crawl speed. I'm 5'4 30"inseam and my 03 fits like a glove

Old 10-09-2009, 10:46 PM
LWOS
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Vet767

I'm 5'2" with a 26" inseam.... that's why I had to have mine lowered. I was on my tip toes otherwise. I couldn't even hold it up to reach back for the kickstand. Not good for a newbie older female rider trying to handle a 670+ pound bike. Second time I rode her, came to a stop on a slanted road. I got my toe down but not in time. The bike passed a point of no return and I could hold it up......over we went. Thank goodness for my engine guards and leathers. After that episode, we put Progressive 430 11" on the back and their 1" Fork Lowering kit. Lowered my bike by well over an inch overall.
It made a HUGE & unbelieveable difference. I'm totally flat footed now and the center of gravity for me couldnt be better. No more fear coming to quick stops or worrying about road slants. I'm a much safer rider for myself and for others.

Old 10-10-2009, 03:00 PM
vet767
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Ok, see your point. Did you ever consider having your seat custom fitted. Could possibly have helped with the problem and given you a more comfortable seat in the bargin? Just wondering.

Old 10-10-2009, 03:34 PM
LWOS
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

vet767
About getting a custom seat made...... I started with Harley's Reach Seat. After 50 mile I would have to get off the bike. I couldn't stand the pain in my hip and rear end and numbness in my thighs. If I had any more padding removed to get me closer to the ground, no way could I ride. I had back surgery at the L4 and L5 level.
After the bike was lowered, I went back to my stock seat. That set me in a more comfortable sitting position since I can only use MID controls and cant stretch out to use my highway pegs. That would have helped if I could have reached them. Tried an Air Hawk seat cushion which solved my pain and numbness issue....but it looked like heck sitting there. After much deliberation, I bought a Sundowner seat and so far so good. I really needed a wider seat to support the area under my thighs and it offers a little back support. It did raise me up about a half inch, but I'm still 98% flat footed. I was afraid to get into custom seats, because once you buy it, if it's not right, you're out 5-600 or more bucks.....and they're hard to sell to someone else if it's a custom job. So for now, I'm happy.