Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Moan" coming from the rear end..WTF?

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2009, 08:50 AM
dynarule
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do you guys have this procedure? I dont have the service book and cant get it till next week.

Old 04-05-2009, 08:55 AM
txtec
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dynarule
I dont have the TT on mine,just replaced the front mount. The swing arm is attached the tranny case, so it cant twist or change just from the front mount beeing replaced. the rear wheel and drive belt and swing arm are part of the engine,tranny and not connected to the frame in any SOLID way other than rubber. I dont have a sevice manual, so could you give the this procedure?
its on page 2-38 and 2-39 of my 07 manuel,i dont know how to post it,basicly says raise bike on a jack,level it,use a inclinometer,front and rear rotor should be parallel to 1 degree of each other,using the top torsion rod adjuster to move them together. i bought a magnetic inclinometer from harbour freight for less than 10 bucks.

Old 04-05-2009, 09:00 AM
dynarule
Tourer

I did check that yesterday but the bike was on the ground in a wheel chock to hold it upright and it was still on its own weight. That part was right on the money, I had read somewhere about starting the engine or something to that effect but cant seem to find that post in the search.

Old 04-05-2009, 09:03 AM
txtec
Banned

had to pull my engine to replace the flywheels,had the same noise and more vibration when i put it back in,turn out to be alignment because i didnt get the front mount bolted back in exactly as it was before.

Old 04-05-2009, 09:04 AM
Gary7
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by txtec
its on page 2-38 and 2-39 of my 07 manuel,i dont know how to post it,basicly says raise bike on a jack,level it,use a inclinometer,front and rear rotor should be parallel to 1 degree of each other,using the top torsion rod adjuster to move them together. i bought a magnetic inclinometer from harbour freight for less than 10 bucks.
Keep in mind this procedure is for vertical alignment of the rear wheel (camber) with the front wheel, which is the only thing adjusting the top stabilizer on the engine can change. Replacing a motor mount (front or rear) or installing a TT should not change the vertical alignment of the front and rear wheels with each other.

Old 04-05-2009, 09:11 AM
txtec
Banned

I did check that yesterday but the bike was on the ground in a wheel chock to hold it upright and it was still on its own weight. That part was right on the money, I had read somewhere about starting the engine or something to that effect but cant seem to find that post in the search.
at the bottom of page 2-39 it says loosen all mount bolts,and fire up motor for 5 seconds to center mounts on the frame.

Old 04-05-2009, 09:17 AM
txtec
Banned

Originally Posted by Gary7
Keep in mind this procedure is for vertical alignment of the rear wheel (camber) with the front wheel, which is the only thing adjusting the top stabilizer on the engine can change. Replacing a motor mount (front or rear) or installing a TT should not change the vertical alignment of the front and rear wheels with each other.
i shouldnt change it if you got the mount back exactly as it was,if the belt had tension pulling back on the engine it would be tough to get back in place. if you noticed the mount hole are pretty sloppy,easy to get out of line.

Old 04-05-2009, 09:18 AM
dynarule
Tourer

Thats it! Thanks! I will go that today. It does need to be on the bike jack with the weight off right?

Old 04-05-2009, 09:22 AM
txtec
Banned

mudd has had the motor out of his dyna,he might know a better way to align it.

Old 04-05-2009, 09:28 AM
txtec
Banned

Thats it! Thanks! I will go that today. It does need to be on the bike jack with the weight off right?
i dosent say on the jack for that part,i did mine on the ground. my books a 07 garys 09 may be different.

Quick Reply: "Moan" coming from the rear end..WTF?