Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Front turn signal relocation

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2010 | 05:10 AM
SC-Longhair
Club Member

Originally Posted by illetrop
Hey. I like ur idea. The bracket we already have is on the left. Where do u get the other one for the right side? Do u got a part number for it maybe ? Thanks
The dealer. No part number. They won't sell them separately.

Old 09-25-2010 | 05:37 AM
blueangel73
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by JRK5892
i rock this... they are under my headlight, right above the fog lights... SUPER bright!

looks clean!

same thing on my brothers old sporty
You got any close-ups, it's hard to tell what I am looking at

Old 09-25-2010 | 05:58 AM
blueangel73
Elite HDF Member

If I were to remove my stock sigs, could I replace them with something like this or would there be any issues with the electrical.
I was thinking I coul mount them on the bottom of the Switch control housing or somewhere on the trees . Somewhere they could be tucked away and not very noticable when not on but still bright enough when running.

http://www.radiantrides.com/3ledpods/

Old 09-25-2010 | 06:22 AM
FXD2003Rider
Administrator Emeritus
Veteran: Army

Originally Posted by illetrop
Hey. I like ur idea. The bracket we already have is on the left. Where do u get the other one for the right side? Do u got a part number for it maybe ? Thanks
Originally Posted by SC-Longhair
The dealer. No part number. They won't sell them separately.

You can order the OEM left ball, receptacle (# 4 in image, OEM and not chromed).

The chrome kit only comes with 1 left ball, receptacle......

Old 09-15-2011 | 11:07 PM
emerican19
Road Warrior

I might be beating a dead horse, and I haven't taken the signals off at this point so maybe it's as simple as just taking a look, but why is there different hardware on each side? Why does the left side have an extra bracket piece? Are you guys running the wiring anywhere are just keeping it zip-tied to the cables/fork tubes?

Old 01-05-2015 | 04:42 PM
thecolor
Advanced

Originally Posted by JRK5892
i rock this... they are under my headlight, right above the fog lights... SUPER bright!

while I think this is AWESOME!... isn't it near impossible to see them (since you'd have to pretty much stare right at the headlight?)

This would be an opportunity to use the new "headlight out" function that newer cages use.

e.g., vehicles left blinker comes on, left headlight goes out so you can see it.

It takes a bit of getting use to (you think the headlight has gone out on the stupid cage)... but after a while of seeing it on more, it makes sense.

Now, as for a single headlight, well... you want to be seen period... so, how about a "dim" function when blinker activates or at least using the fork ring blinkers and mounting them a little lower or higher so the signal can then be seen.

thoughts? has someone already done a dimmer option?

Old 01-13-2015 | 09:01 PM
DaleMc0622
Tourer

Okay, please forgive a rookie question and I will apologize now if these questions are answered elsewhere. I bought the Drag Specialties part 2020-0347 to move the turn signals on my 07 FXD, as we all know, there are no directions and when I search the net all I can find are directions that say you have to loosen the gas tank, unplug the turn signals etc. To me it looks like they can be moved without all that and the real trick is making the wire necessary to allow full turns look good. It looks like the stem can be removed from the signals and then the signals bolted on the new bracket then bolt the bracket on the triple tree with the new bolt on the pinch clamp? also, is the spacer really necessary? or does it just bring the signal out off of the forks a little more? and the spacer goes on the light portion right? please forgive the rookie questions but I don't want to pay the dealer an arm and a leg to do this.Thanks.

Old 01-15-2015 | 08:54 PM
DaleMc0622
Tourer

No words of wisdom? Guess I will wing it, doesn't look too bad.

Old 01-16-2015 | 02:41 AM
adm
Seasoned HDF Member

I took my front turn signals off completely and replaced them with LED bar end signals. It looks nice and clean, plus the signals are now much wider apart and higher up so they are super visible. They're also bright as hell.....

Old 01-16-2015 | 07:18 AM
DaleMc0622
Tourer
Thumbs up

I had looked at those and wondered how well they worked and how bright, thanks. And that is one damn nice looking ride to, very sweet.

Quick Reply: Front turn signal relocation