Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

True Track and Posi Track Fit Question

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2009, 04:48 PM
INTHERED
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default True Track and Posi Track Fit Question

Will a True Track or Posi Track fit a 2008 Dyna that has a chin spoiler installed ? Since most of the Dynas handling problem originates from the way rear swigarm mounts would using just the rear part of the true track or posi track be of any benefit ?

Thanks >>>> Inthered

Old 04-02-2009, 06:14 PM
mtnlvr
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

You're gonna have to call TrueTrack on that one. Will likely depend on the chin.

Old 04-02-2009, 06:37 PM
icecaps
Reading More Posting Less
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You might be able to do it if you shorten up the chin spoiler bracket and the Sputhe or Tru-track is small enough to fit inside.

I chose to go with the Alloy Art DXR. It attaches to the rear isolator only.

Old 04-03-2009, 09:10 AM
INTHERED
Cruiser

Thats good to know I will goto the Alloy Art DXR web page.

Thanks >>>> inthered

Old 04-03-2009, 04:45 PM
INTHERED
Cruiser

I went to Alloy Art DXR web page and all I could find was a a rear mount for a FLH ? Do they make a model for the 2008 FXDL ?

Inthered

Old 04-03-2009, 05:45 PM
icecaps
Reading More Posting Less
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Old 04-08-2009, 02:24 PM
INTHERED
Cruiser

Iam beginning to wonder if my 2008 Low Rider even needs a true trac type of device. I have not been able to get my bike to wobble ever since I went with the 13 inch rear shocks and the heavier PS springs front and back. I also re-torqued the motor mount and triple tree bolts at the same time and the bikes been handling just fine.

Inthered

Old 04-08-2009, 02:40 PM
rounder
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by INTHERED
Iam beginning to wonder if my 2008 Low Rider even needs a true trac type of device. I have not been able to get my bike to wobble ever since I went with the 13 inch rear shocks and the heavier PS springs front and back. I also re-torqued the motor mount and triple tree bolts at the same time and the bikes been handling just fine.

Inthered
I'm the same as you, better suspension... I don't feel the need for it. Seems goofy to spend almost 400 bucks on something you don't feel necessary.

Old 04-08-2009, 03:11 PM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,863 Likes on 2,428 Posts

Originally Posted by rounder
I'm the same as you, better suspension... I don't feel the need for it. Seems goofy to spend almost 400 bucks on something you don't feel necessary.
If you can try someone's bike with a TT or Sputhe kit fitted, you will change your mind! These things improve stability as well as handling and make your bike ride a whole lot better. 400 bucks is not a lot for a lot of improvement. I have a kit on both my Harleys - there is no turning back!

Old 04-09-2009, 01:46 PM
INTHERED
Cruiser

Originally Posted by grbrown
If you can try someone's bike with a TT or Sputhe kit fitted, you will change your mind! These things improve stability as well as handling and make your bike ride a whole lot better. 400 bucks is not a lot for a lot of improvement. I have a kit on both my Harleys - there is no turning back!
Have you actually driven a late model dyna with the 49mm forks before and after the Sputhe kit was fitted. A buddie of mine has an 08 Dyna and
a 07 Electra Glide and the only bike that he added the stabilizer on was the 07 he drives like a wild man and he said his 08 dyna was fine.

Quick Reply: True Track and Posi Track Fit Question