Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

True Track and Posi Track Fit Question

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2009, 02:43 PM
icecaps
Reading More Posting Less
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by INTHERED
Have you actually driven a late model dyna with the 49mm forks before and after the Sputhe kit was fitted.
I have with the Alloy Art on mine. I did not have issues with the rear wheel hop. The reason I put one one my bike was with the original setup the bike tended to push or keep straight while going through 60+ mph sweeping turns. Since I put it on, the bike steers true.

If you don't believe you need one for your bike or riding style - save the money or put it somewhere else.

All it is here is a bunch of internet opinions anyway. Put your money into what makes your ride better.

Old 04-09-2009, 03:41 PM
benwiggin2
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

for those who dispute, or do not understand how the true trac would benefit them, just go out in the garage and look at the swingarm pivot point on your bike. you don't have to be an engineer to recognize that practically every other motorcycle in the world pivots the swingarm to the frame. if you have a dyna (fxr excluded), your swingarm pivots at the transmission. yikes.

Old 04-09-2009, 06:10 PM
rounder
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by grbrown
If you can try someone's bike with a TT or Sputhe kit fitted, you will change your mind! These things improve stability as well as handling and make your bike ride a whole lot better. 400 bucks is not a lot for a lot of improvement. I have a kit on both my Harleys - there is no turning back!
See... I feel plenty stable, can grind the pegs easily around corners if I choose. Running the Ohlins, works, and superbrace, my bike feels rock solid. I am sure that they do what they are advertised to, yet i have not run into anything that makes me feel like I need more stability.