Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My dealer had franchise pulled

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2009, 08:02 AM
EVO80
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by roadhouse
are u talking about sovies in postdam
Probably was Sovies as they aren't listed when you do a dealer search. Was a pretty pathetic dealership - went in there about a month or so ago just looking for a T Shirt and they had about 10 to 15 in the entire store, on a rack, that looked like they had been there for about 20 years or so - dirty, yellowed, and old. Tough thing is there isn't another dealership within about 2 hours on the roads up in that area.

Old 04-02-2009, 08:13 AM
LilBudyWizer
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Considering the times it seems the most likely explaination would be failing to settle accounts with HD in the proscribed time.

Old 04-02-2009, 11:15 AM
RED_5
Road Master
Received 27 Likes on 12 Posts

What dealer was it? I know the place I go to sells Yamaha's (sportbikes, cruisers, atvs, & dirtbikes), Suzuki (sportbikes, cruisers, atvs, & dirtbikes), Ski-Do & Artic Cat sleds maybe some other stuff too. I heard Harley was giving them shyt but I think the owner told them to go pound salt that they wouldn'y just sell Harley's. Great place and great people, one stop shop. I've bought 2 bikes, an atv and a dirtbike all from the same place plus parts and stuff for them all. I hate the Harley only mantality.

Old 04-02-2009, 11:30 AM
SUPER01
Road Warrior

There are many dealers who sell other brands along side Harleys.
I don't see a problem with it, probably helps keep the dealer in business being able to serve more people.

Maybe the dealer didn't want to take on debt to build a huge building to Harley specs.?

Old 04-02-2009, 11:36 AM
RED_5
Road Master
Received 27 Likes on 12 Posts

Can't be the dealer I'm thinking of, they are in the process right now of moving into a bigger facility. Good, I love that place.

Old 04-02-2009, 12:49 PM
wjn1053
Road Captain

come to boston we have about 5 dealers in a 40 mile radius, except for a place called kellys they all suck !

Old 04-02-2009, 01:01 PM
roberttroll
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wjn1053
come to boston we have about 5 dealers in a 40 mile radius, except for a place called kellys they all suck !
Thats funny - cause everyone west of 128 thinks Kelly's if for yuppies.

Last edited by roberttroll; 04-02-2009 at 03:16 PM.
Old 04-02-2009, 01:18 PM
DannyZ71
Extreme HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

From the comments given by the OP, I don't think it's shady deals on the part of the dealership. I also don't think they pulled it for selling more than one brand. There's a dealer here in Oklahoma that has always sold multiple brands. Right now, he sells Harley, Suzuki, Honda, and Polaris (don't know if he sells Victory or not).

From the good comments given by the OP, it sounds more like the MOCO is screwing the dealer because the dealer is TOO nice and willing to do things for the customer that costs H-D money.

In this day and age, it wouldn't surprise me a bit.

Old 04-02-2009, 01:48 PM
HOGRIDA_06
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by RED_5
What dealer was it? I know the place I go to sells Yamaha's (sportbikes, cruisers, atvs, & dirtbikes), Suzuki (sportbikes, cruisers, atvs, & dirtbikes), Ski-Do & Artic Cat sleds maybe some other stuff too. I heard Harley was giving them shyt but I think the owner told them to go pound salt that they wouldn'y just sell Harley's. Great place and great people, one stop shop. I've bought 2 bikes, an atv and a dirtbike all from the same place plus parts and stuff for them all. I hate the Harley only mantality.
That sounds like Arkport Harley. I've never been but it's not that far from me.

Old 04-02-2009, 01:55 PM
devils haircut
Road Warrior

I googled it...looks like this is why they lost the franchise

http://www.whyisthisinthedynasection.com/usegeneralchat

Quick Reply: My dealer had franchise pulled