Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

burly vs progressive

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2009, 01:51 PM
kmealp
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default burly vs progressive

Ok I"m sure this has been asked. Witch one is better for lowering the front and rear. Need to decide witch to buy.

Old 04-01-2009, 02:07 PM
CRF
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The burly "Slammer" kit is brand new for the 06 and newer dynas so I don't think many have it installed - you may have to be the guinea pig and let the rest of us know how it works.

I do know it is VERY low - I think the rear shocks are 10 1/2" and the lowering springs drop 2" out of the front. Good price though - about $300 for both front and rear. I'd be interested to hear if anyone has installed it and if they had any clearance problems - also what is the quality of the rear shocks? for that price I'm thinking not so good.......

Old 04-01-2009, 06:15 PM
mjsawatzky
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I received my Burly Slammer Kit this week. I plan to install it on Saturday. What I really found interesting....After reading the Burly instructions that came with the kit I googled harley lowering springs and eventually found myself on the Progressive website. Low and behold the instructions on the progressive site to install rear shocks and drop in lowering springs are exactly, I mean every word, every picture is the same as the instructions that came with my Burly kit. I am thinking it's Progressive product in the Burly box I will be sure to post pics after I install the kit this weekend.

Old 04-01-2009, 06:47 PM
Fatbob Slim
Intermediate
Talking

Originally Posted by mjsawatzky
I received my Burly Slammer Kit this week. I plan to install it on Saturday. What I really found interesting....After reading the Burly instructions that came with the kit I googled harley lowering springs and eventually found myself on the Progressive website. Low and behold the instructions on the progressive site to install rear shocks and drop in lowering springs are exactly, I mean every word, every picture is the same as the instructions that came with my Burly kit. I am thinking it's Progressive product in the Burly box I will be sure to post pics after I install the kit this weekend.
Really looking forward to seeing the pics!!!! i am thinking that my purchasing one depends on how it looks on your scoot!

Old 04-01-2009, 09:23 PM
mjsawatzky
Road Captain

prior to purchasing the kit I contacted Burly to see if they had any pics of the kit on a Fatbob. Nothing. Couldn't even find 'em anywhere on the net. I'm pretty stoked and think it'll look pretty cool.

Old 04-04-2009, 11:08 AM
CRF
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

sooo?????? where are those pics man??!!??!?!?!?!?!

Old 04-04-2009, 11:52 AM
bluechiphank
Cruiser
Default burly

i have the slammer kit in my superglide me and my wife combined weigh 300 lbs mno bottoming no wire rubbing and easy as hell to install they are front drop in springs and yes 10 1/2 inch shocks the bike dropped 2 inches and looks evil henry

Attached Thumbnails burly vs progressive-after-medium-.jpg   burly vs progressive-before-medium-.jpg  
Old 04-04-2009, 12:51 PM
mjsawatzky
Road Captain

I'm trying to do this without a proper bike lift. Actually I am going to use a regular automotive floor jack. I've got the rear shocks on but need a couple extra pairs of hands to do the front. My dad might come and help me tonight or tomorrow. Can't ride out here anyway. -3 and overcast. I did get a chance for a quick blast Saturday 2 weeks ago, later that night a snow storm rolled in. And the gravel on the roads this year is unbelievable. I need spring bad! I will post the pics as soon as I get it finished. Hopefully sooner than later.

Old 04-04-2009, 01:50 PM
bluechiphank
Cruiser

the jack will work put towels on the tank the fork cap has a little tension on it so becarefull not to drop it on the tank. henry

Old 04-04-2009, 03:47 PM
lowrider966
Tourer

Cant comment on the Burly but I'm happy with my Progressive set up. With Some internet shopping I got the whole set up for $400.

Quick Reply: burly vs progressive