Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Screaming eagle slip-on question

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2009, 03:12 PM
JohnAE
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Screaming eagle slip-on question

Saw some screaming eagle slip ons on ebay that fit 2006 Dyna's. Will these fit a 2009? Thanks.

Old 03-31-2009, 03:44 PM
Airborne350G
Club Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

No difference in the mounting points between the years. So yep they will fit as long as it is not a Fat Bob, those use a differ pipe.

Old 03-31-2009, 04:44 PM
yso191
Club Member

Another question is if they are SEII's or just Screaming Eagle slip-ons. If the are not the Screaming Eagle II's, they are just about as restrictive as the stock mufflers.

I made that mistake last Fall. Bought them, put them on... and was horribly disapointed. After spending around $1000 on new SE breather, SE slip-ons and a EFI tuner. I got exactly *nothing* by way of improved performance. A tiny bit better sound, but that was it.

I sold the SE slip-ons and bought Vance & Hines slip-ons... and the smile was back.

Steve

Old 04-01-2009, 06:33 AM
Richinlc
Cruiser
Cool SE on FatBob

I have the SE Slipons for my fat bob and was thinking of changing the baffles...any suggestions on what set i should use or pointers on how to get the old one out would be greatly appreciated thanks guys

Old 04-01-2009, 10:18 AM
yso191
Club Member

Originally Posted by Richinlc
I have the SE Slipons for my fat bob and was thinking of changing the baffles...any suggestions on what set i should use or pointers on how to get the old one out would be greatly appreciated thanks guys
The baffles on my old pair of SE slip-ons would come out, but I hear that some may not. Look for a screw on the back side or bottom and remove it. Then you may need to hose it down with some kind of lubricant and let it sit for a while. The hard part is clamping the nice chrome outer in such a way as to not scratch it. Then you can grab hold of the baffle with whateveer plier type tool you have and start cussing. I don't know, there's got to be a better way, but thats how it worked with me.

Steve

Old 04-01-2009, 10:47 AM
MuddBugg
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

maybe gettin away from the original point but... richinlc, did you get the street performance slip ons... seems like these were the only ones available for the fatbob... didnt like them?

Old 04-01-2009, 11:38 AM
08FXDC
Road Master

just like airborn said... these will fit your bike and long as it's not a fat bob.
If you are looking for better sound make sure they are SEII's!

Old 04-01-2009, 03:20 PM
bakerm75
Road Captain

I have these for sale for $60
They are off my 03, and are not the newer quieted down version. they are in good shape.

Old 04-01-2009, 03:38 PM
expolice
Intermediate

Originally Posted by bakerm75
I have these for sale for $60
They are off my 03, and are not the newer quieted down version. they are in good shape.

Bakerm75,
I'm interested in buying the set of SEll mufflers you said you have for sale. Are they still available? I can send the payment via paypal or send you a check in snail mail. Let me know either by reply post or send reply to iy499@yahoo.com.

Last edited by expolice; 04-01-2009 at 03:47 PM. Reason: provided email address
Old 04-01-2009, 09:36 PM
Richinlc
Cruiser

Originally Posted by MuddBugg
maybe gettin away from the original point but... richinlc, did you get the street performance slip ons... seems like these were the only ones available for the fatbob... didnt like them?
I got the six gun ones sorry but not pics currently Having them blacked out like the way they fit just want a throatier sound baffles ar a pita to take out ...cant budge them

Quick Reply: Screaming eagle slip-on question