Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Very disappointed in Dyna 2008 with only 2500 miles

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2009, 12:03 PM
DCamm94
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JRK5892
did you check your fuses? if you have no power... i would bet the bank you have loose battery terminals... is is a harley they vibrate loose... happens all the time. i help at least 2 people out a year broke down at gas stations and their bikes will not start, usually always the battery conections... tighen them down and i bet the bank you get VOOM!
How would the oil light stay on if the battery was not connected?

Old 03-31-2009, 12:10 PM
vijay
Advanced

Originally Posted by Sammi
My vote is bum battery in security fob.

Sammi
thanks Sammi,
I got the spare key fob and tried it this morning, NO START...let me put it in gear and back to neutral and try again.

Old 03-31-2009, 12:19 PM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by DCamm94
How would the oil light stay on if the battery was not connected?
on many occasions there is enough of a conection to turn on the lights and even at times the fuel pump but not enough to get teh CCA that you need to turn over the motor or even engage the starter... that is why many times people do not check that battery cause they figure they have lights... can not be the battery! often times it is

vijay also undo your battery let it sit for 30 min to allow your ECM to reset that hook it back up, that should reset your security system in the bike...

Old 03-31-2009, 12:21 PM
vijay
Advanced

Originally Posted by traveler
kill switch on

clutch in

in neutral

key turned all the way

It's not fuel pump,. Fuse going to the solenoid......if you can't even hear the solenoid "click", then the power isn't getting to it.

~Joe
I hear a "click" after a little pause of grinding noise when I turn the ignition, is this what you are talking about?

Old 03-31-2009, 12:24 PM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

that is your fuel pump... you ahve to wait for the motor light to go off to show your bike is primed then start it.... unless the grinding is coming from the starter area... then you have a bigger issue on hand

Old 03-31-2009, 12:36 PM
SC-Longhair
Club Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by vijay
thats the std rate at the dealers here( NorCal) I believe they charge 1 hour diagnostic fee (not sure if this might apply to my case)...Yup it's under one year so should be taken care of except towing. My confidence is running low.
Hmm...new HD's have a two year warranty. If something is broken they shouldn't be CHARGING you anything under warranty. Second...110/hr GOOD GOD!!! Buy a service manual and fix'er yourself. Don't pay them $400 to basically change your oil. That's silly. Besides, I'll do it for $300. Labor rate down here is $65/hr. Dang near half.

Also, I wouldn't knock the MoCo for a bad bike. The same can happen with $30k+ cars too. Mine could be flawless and the very next one might be the biggest lemon on the lot. Luck o the draw...

I'd definitely be taking it back to them and make them fix it while it's still under warranty and I wouldn't pay for diddly-squat.

Old 03-31-2009, 01:17 PM
Grind
Road Master

Originally Posted by maddghost
If the key fob battery was dead his alarm would activate when he moved the bike.
Unless he's got the additional Smart Siren, the standard security on '08-'09 bikes is just a blinking light on the speedo.

Old 03-31-2009, 01:32 PM
vijay
Advanced

Spoke to the dealer and they are coming to tow it later in the day.

Old 03-31-2009, 01:50 PM
coppertop666
Cruiser
Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

COOL DEAL!! I don't blame you being upset - nothing worse than spending hard earned $$$ on a brand new ANYTHING and have it not work correctly but thats what a warranty is for to get the bugs out now instead of dealing with it later and more $$$ out of pocket. Hopefully it's something small and you'll be out enjoying the ride soon!

Old 03-31-2009, 02:02 PM
Portugoose
Advanced

Originally Posted by vijay
I hear a "click" after a little pause of grinding noise when I turn the ignition, is this what you are talking about?
Does your engine turn over (or try to) when you try to start it? Can you start your bike using a jump starter or jump cables attached to a running car? If so, the you may possibly have a bad voltage regulator.

Quick Reply: Very disappointed in Dyna 2008 with only 2500 miles