Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Very disappointed in Dyna 2008 with only 2500 miles

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2009, 09:02 AM
coppertop666
Cruiser
Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

1 issue and your ready to throw in the towel?? Hey man, things break no matter who makes it or what it is!! Take it to the dealer and have it fixed under warranty

Old 03-31-2009, 09:13 AM
rhinoWErX
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is this your first Harley?

Is this your first bike?

It's a machine, made by people - people make mistakes.

You're in IT right? Bet you've never had a new computer crap out on you

Call the dealership and let them fix it. I'd be surprised if they didn't come and pick it up (rather than you needing to get it to them).

Good luck with it.

Old 03-31-2009, 09:16 AM
ratpack enforcer
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It sounds like forgot to turn kill switch back to run. Been know to happen especially with new riders.

Old 03-31-2009, 09:20 AM
Kockdiesel
Tourer

Move to Lexington, KY. Labor is only $75 hr.

Old 03-31-2009, 09:40 AM
kidtwist
6th Gear

Originally Posted by ratpack enforcer
It sounds like forgot to turn kill switch back to run. Been know to happen especially with new riders.

I did that once. I ended up calling a tow truck and having it towed twenty miles to the dealer. When I got there I noticed the kill switch. I flicked it on and it started right back up. It wasn't a Harley though, it was a Honda. Damn, unreliable Hondas!

Old 03-31-2009, 09:49 AM
Gary7
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by vijay
I have no idea what is wrong with it; the oil check RED light does not turn off at all!!!the oil seems to be in good level though. It has only 2500 miles on it now, first service was done at 1100 miles for shameless $450 at the dealer.
You do realize that the red oil light is for oil pressure and will stay on if the engine is not running, right?

Old 03-31-2009, 10:12 AM
coppertop666
Cruiser
Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by kidtwist
I did that once. I ended up calling a tow truck and having it towed twenty miles to the dealer. When I got there I noticed the kill switch. I flicked it on and it started right back up. It wasn't a Harley though, it was a Honda. Damn, unreliable Hondas!
I made the mistake when first riding to shut the fuel off when filling up and forgetting to turn it back on before hitting the hwy. Merged into traffic and got into the left lane just as it cut out and didn't have a shoulder to pull onto except for the right side - made my way over almost getting killed by a SUV and of course couldnt find out why I wasn't getting fuel. Called a buddy to come get me and of course while he was on his way I remembered the fuel switch - felt like such an idiot but never made that mistake again!!

Old 03-31-2009, 10:34 AM
jskelington
Road Captain

I bet pushing it a mile sucked.

Old 03-31-2009, 10:39 AM
seniorsuperglideE8
Supporter
Veteran: Navy
Received 4,838 Likes on 2,548 Posts

I've been there with the run/stop switch. With no starts that's the first thing I'll look at. I'm old school, do the new H-D's have the neutral safety switches in the clutch and jiffy stand now? Relays,fuses and switches are made in lots of hundreds and thousands it's always possible one bad one could get installed or fail in a couple or hundreds of cycles. Sit down with the dealer, give a list of your issues and give them a chance to make it right.

Old 03-31-2009, 10:39 AM
vijay
Advanced

Thanks for all the reply guys, to answer a few questions,
I have over 19 years of riding experience, so no newbie deal here. If I hit the start button there is absolutely no juice (engine does not crank). Not to trash HD in general but the bike (my specific) had front rotor replaced when it had 150 miles on it! and now this. As you can imagine it does not instill confidence.
I did not run empty to the gas station, had about a half gallon of fuel in it when I filled it up. I can imagine some minor issues when you run dry on fuel injected systems.

Quick Reply: Very disappointed in Dyna 2008 with only 2500 miles