Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Very disappointed in Dyna 2008 with only 2500 miles

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2009, 04:31 AM
domenicp7
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Its under warranty Vijay take it in and get them to fix it. I would also tell them to stick the diagnostic charge where the sun don't shine in a nice way of course.

Old 03-31-2009, 04:42 AM
Toplink
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have an 08, reading the onwers manual, check the battery in your key fob, check that the lights blink when the key is put in and turn on, my 08 has 3800 and no problems ho only one when I changs the med controls to forward foung that there was a rust spot under the brake and took it in, Dealer said it was HD and HD siad ok for Dealer to fix. Heat shield replaced and all ok. Think your is very minor and easily fixed.

Old 03-31-2009, 04:56 AM
rounder
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

2 thoughts. You did not turn the run switch back on. Your battery connections are loose.

Old 03-31-2009, 06:28 AM
ELECTRICMONKEY
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You said you were at the gas station. Did you run it empty?
Because if you run a fuel injected empty thats not good.

Old 03-31-2009, 06:33 AM
creekhed1
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The bike fails to start ONE TIME and you're ready to toss in the towel? ugh

Old 03-31-2009, 06:34 AM
HarleypsychRN
Road Master

Is the battery good? Is the check engine light on? (Yellow light looks like a small plumbing fixture) Sometimes those fuel pumps go bad..no gas no startie (the major drawback of fuel injection). It's frustrating when thing happen to a new bike but in the sceme of things (people losing their money, jobs, health,) it's a minor inconvience. My cruise control on my FLHRCI went bad the first year...HD replaced it no problem.

Old 03-31-2009, 07:37 AM
shimmon
Outstanding HDF Member

Did dash lights or any other lights work... If not i would say battery connection loose... I hear this alot on new bikes... If you just bought the bike... Then your a hog member and they should pay for your tow (if they can find one or if it wont take all day, thats another question) so that something you shouldnt have to pay. Also i would be looking for an independant mc shop in your area... Mostlikely they will not be charging 110 per hour... You may not want to hear this but my local small town hd shop is 60 an hour... While the largest town in the area (25-30 minutes away) charges 90...

Post some more info on what happened and maybe we can offer a fix

Old 03-31-2009, 08:03 AM
LilBudyWizer
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Switchs, fuses and relays would be a good place to start. Won't start isn't much of a description. What happens when you press the start button? Does it crank but not start? Not crank? If it cranks is it coughing or backfiring? Details help. Since it's under warranty call the dealer and say help, it no go.

Old 03-31-2009, 08:21 AM
red devil
Outstanding HDF Member

I had the the same thing happen to me! My bike was only 4 months old, and coming home from a Memorial day weekend getaway I stop for gas about 50 miles away from home. Fill up and hit the start button and nothing! Tried a few times and still nothing! It really sucked because as I was filling up I had people say how nice my bike was, plus it was packed because of the holiday. So I pushed it to the side and started to check everything, battery, fuses, plug wires but couldn't find anything. I had to call the girlfriends dad to bring my truck down to get me. I wasn't happy by this point, as I just spent about 3 hrs. sitting in the sun with a bike that was 4 months old and had only 1800 miles on it! Turns out to be a fuel pump relay! I look at it like this, even though it's brand new, it still takes awhile to break everything in and find the weak spots. Nothing is perfect!

Old 03-31-2009, 08:26 AM
DSnoopy
Elite HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Dude, Labor is covered under warranty. Sounds to me like you are just perpetuating your own problem. Take it in, have them fix it. It's all billed back to Harley. It's called a warranty for a reason.

PS - I'm at 1100 miles now and no issues. I have 12k on my 2005 sporty and the only thing it needed was a new tire. You need to take it in.

Quick Reply: Very disappointed in Dyna 2008 with only 2500 miles