Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Decided to go 2 into 1.. A few ?'s (BCT also)

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2009, 04:51 AM
XLCR4GM
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I agree 100%. I did a ton of research on 2 into 1 pipes and I made the decision to purchase RB Racing LSR 2 into 1 tuned header exhaust pipes. I ordered the Titanium color finish because everyone else has black pipes and it happens to match the Harley tank logo on my ’07 XL883 bike perfectly. The wait does seem long, but I feel that it was worth it and the fit is perfect. The finish is great too. The pipe is coated on the inside and the outside with the ceramic layer and then after that coating is applied and dried the color layer is applied and dried. This is what takes up almost all of the time from the original order to the delivery. You asked about the sound. It is amazing to me for a Harley. It has a very nasty bark when you crack the throttle and the gain in horsepower is noticeable. I was going to have headwork done to get more horsepower, but after running with these 2 into 1 tuned header pipes for about a month or so I really don’t think that I am going to need to get the headwork done anytime soon. I liked these pipes so much that I bought another set for my ’99 XL883 (in black to match that bike) and I just think that they are great pipes. I also have a ’07 XL1200L (Low) that currently has a set of SE II mufflers and it is too quite for me so I just received my new set of pipes for that bike (in black to match that bike too). I have a good friend that rides a ’02 XL883 with Cycle Shack mufflers and I have dusted him constantly through the gears and especially on the Highway at top end on my ’99 XL883. He can’t touch me with his bike. Side by side on the Highway I can pull away from him without any effort at all, just a roll on the throttle is all it takes to leave him behind. I LOVE IT. I think that he wants a set for himself and I am willing to help him install them if he does so that he can enjoy the new found power that it offers. I wish you luck with your decision on what pipe to buy. I know that everyone has an opinion as to what pipe is best and my only point of reference is that my ’07 XL883 used to have the SE II mufflers on it and I rode it about almost 500 miles in one day from Redondo Beach California to Cottonwood AZ for the 2nd annual Backstreet Choppers SMOKEOUT WEST. After that event was over I rode it back home and I received the 2 into 1 header pipes and I installed them myself and I have ridden that bike another 2,000 miles or more since then and I would NEVER go back to the dual exhaust system or the SE II mufflers. I only put the SE II mufflers on my ’07 XL1200L so that I could ride it until I received my 2 into 1 header pipes for that bike and now that I have them I will be putting them on as soon as possible. Let us all know what you end up buying for your bike OK? Good luck and ride safe.

Old 04-01-2009, 07:30 AM
bberck
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by SMOKEin
interesting, the web site doesnt reflect anything close to that price.. am i looking at the wrong zippers?

from ---> http://www.zippersperformance.com/heritage/default.htm

Chrome, "Q" Baffle, Fits ’06-up FXD Dyna® All Models - $660.00 # 255-968

You have to go to there deals and steals page for the price. They started with 6 of them and Jerseydevil and I both bought one.

Old 04-12-2009, 09:27 PM
SNAKEMAN
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't forget to check out the big radius. I love mine deep low rumble at idle and plenty loud when you open it up.

Old 04-12-2009, 11:15 PM
archergodwin
Elite HDF Member
Received 148 Likes on 127 Posts

X2 on the BR2into1... nice sound, decent when just cruising, but barks good when you twist it

.... and almost easier to install than my slip-ons were.

Last edited by archergodwin; 04-12-2009 at 11:17 PM.
Old 04-12-2009, 11:23 PM
slomotion
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here's supertrapps from youtube. They can be tuned for torque or horsepower (which decreases or increases sound volume) by varying the number of internal disks. http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5w...-supermeg_auto