Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The latest...

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2009, 11:32 PM
1badcj8
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The latest...

I think quite a few of you have read my recent woes with my Glide. Well I broke down and took it to a guy that is the neighbor of a co-worker and he works on his bike. He got it to flash codes on the dash and it gives a code for the "Tip Over Sensor". It indicates it has gone bad.

I've never even heard of a tip over sensor but he says thats it. Have any of you guys had to replace this before? I searched on line for it but all I got were links for this part on Metric's. Maybe its called something else to the Harley World?

Old 03-30-2009, 12:15 AM
SURFOR Chop
Elite HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Try the search function on the Dyna forum for fault or 'diagnostic' codes ... maybe if your friend of a friend can give you the code (or if you can see it for yourself), you can see what the description is ... it may currently be known as something else. Then once you know what the 'cross-over' is, you can search that description. Do you have a service manual for your year FXDWG? A great ~$50 investment ... it would probably have troubleshooting steps to take for the fault code ...

Hope this gives you some useful ideas ....

R/
Priest

Last edited by SURFOR Chop; 03-30-2009 at 12:20 AM.
Old 03-30-2009, 12:46 AM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

if you can not find hwo to run a check let me know ill post it tomorrow at work for you

Old 03-30-2009, 01:07 AM
LilBudyWizer
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You'll have better luck finding bank angle sensor. It's part of the turn signal module used to cancel the turn signals when you complete a turn. It's also used to shut off the engine when you've leaned so far that you must have fallen over. So it's also a tip sensor. The differance is simply how far you leaned.

It's part of the tsm, not a seperate part. I have no idea why they wouldn't just say the tsm is defective. I don't believe it's even something that anything external to the tsm could cause. Personally, if the bike will run don't ride it until you fix this problem. The bike will run laying on it's side and that spinning tire can make a minor accident tragic.

Old 03-30-2009, 03:33 AM
1badcj8
Cruiser

Nope I wouldn't any way but with it bad it wont even start. And yep Its the Bank Angle Sensor. It will be replaced tomorrow.

JRK5892 Thanks man I'm not sure I need that right now but if you don't mind posting it It could for sure be a great help in the future.

And yep I have the Dyna manual, its very interesting, of course I had already dropped my scoot off before it came in. Go figure right... :-).

Thanks as always fellas...

Old 03-30-2009, 05:03 AM
Donny
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

If you didn't know about the sensor, then you probably didn't know it can be re-set. That's of course, if it isn't bad all together. I think to reset it, you turn the key on-off on-off on-off...on. I would at least try that first, before replacing anything.

Old 03-30-2009, 08:13 AM
1badcj8
Cruiser

Thats very good to know. He tells me that its bad but I've never dropped it or even been close to having it at 45degs. What I have found out is that it only has to be at a 45 for 1 sec and it will shut it down. Great feature I think but starting in '01 they tied it in with the turn signal module, I think it would be better if it was still a stand alone, one more sensor but not tied into anything is better I think.

Old 04-21-2009, 02:17 AM
1badcj8
Cruiser
Default Sorry...

Forgot to post back...

It was in deed the Bank Angle Sensor! He replaced it, cleared all the codes and fired right up. Awesome I didn't buy the selectable module for nothing after all. I got it home reset the module, put some E-3 plugs in and it is running beautifully again. Have ridden it a few times now and all is great.

Thanks again fellas...

Dan

Old 04-21-2009, 10:02 AM
recon_sct
Advanced

Awesome! Glad to hear it all worked out for you.