Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Are Intiminators worth the price?

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2009, 05:30 PM
Uquackmeup
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Are Intiminators worth the price?

For all of you who have installed the Ricor Intiminators, I’ve read the various initial posts by the advocates and appreciate your feedback. Are there any owners of the Intiminators that have mixed feelings of the gains? I know I’ve often bought stuff that had no negative affect but had minimal if any actual positive effect. Basically, is everybody satisfied with the investment?

Thanks,
Ron

Old 03-28-2009, 05:46 PM
mud
muderator
Received 8,937 Likes on 2,088 Posts

Originally Posted by Uquackmeup
For all of you who have installed the Ricor Intiminators,
I’ve read the various initial posts by the advocates and appreciate your feedback.
Are there any owners of the Intiminators that have mixed feelings of the gains?
I know I’ve often bought stuff that had no negative affect
but had minimal if any actual positive effect.

Basically, is everybody satisfied with the investment?

Thanks,
Ron

For me, yes. Definitely positive.

mud

Old 03-28-2009, 06:14 PM
MZBuckeye
Road Warrior

I've not tried the Intimidators, but in my experience, the great thing about putting money in suspension is how noticeable the difference is right away, and during all riding situations. It's like buying a whole new bike. Based on the reviews here, I'd say you can't go wrong.

I'm waiting on my True Track to arrive, and I'm hoping to have the same experience.

Old 03-29-2009, 09:46 PM
schwangster
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

first long ride today since last Wed install of the Ricors. Most of the ride was 2-up, by the way!
My front end has never felt better. It sits up high, with no brake dive. As someone said, it takes a bit to get used to the new ride (rider learning curve!), but after an hour.... tracks smooth and absorbs way better. Takes the edge of potholes and tracks (encountered both).
They do all that I read about.
Was going to spend money on new front springs and stuff, but this is the better way to go.

This was also the first long shake down of the TT on my bike, which also changed the ride for the better!

The only area I am concerned with now is- the Ricors smooth out and tighten up the front so well, they really made the rear suspension 'noticeable'! Not so good.

2 thumbs up from me, on the old EVO WG

Last edited by schwangster; 03-30-2009 at 07:30 AM. Reason: add
Old 03-29-2009, 10:03 PM
Bayou Thunder
Intermediate

I just finished a bunch of suspension mods including a set of Racors. I did triple rate Works springs and Racors up front. I did Works black trackers out back. It is a different machine and handles like a dream. My wife is happy also...

Attached Thumbnails Are Intiminators worth the price?-100_0958.jpg  
Old 03-30-2009, 05:23 AM
turn8a
Road Captain

I have about 2000 miles since my install on my sportster .I can't believe the difference in the way the front feels. In my opinion defentitly worth the money .Customer service is great . I have seen where Brian offers a money back guarantee if you are not satisfied I think to date no one has taken him up on the offer.Now I'm just waiting for them to make rear shocks!

Last edited by turn8a; 03-30-2009 at 05:26 AM.
Old 03-30-2009, 07:34 AM
chandler
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question

My question is why are people using the Ricor Intiminators instead of the Race Tech Emulators. Aren't the Emulators a superior product? Just asking.

Old 03-30-2009, 08:11 AM
turn8a
Road Captain

Originally Posted by chandler
My question is why are people using the Ricor Intiminators instead of the Race Tech Emulators. Aren't the Emulators a superior product? Just asking.
I also have race tech emulators on one of my other bikes .With the intiminators it was the ease of installation.

Old 03-30-2009, 08:33 AM
doxbike
Tourer
Received 86 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by chandler
If you check XLXR's posts on the Sportster forum here and on xlforum.net, I think you'll find the answer. He is quite a suspension expert and has raced/ridden many different kinds of bike for many years. Most on the XLForum consider him the "go to guy" with suspension questions.

He has put the Intimators in his 1200R and his comment to me yesterday during our 300mile ride was "If I could have made this Sporty handle this well, I would never have bought the Ducati." He said he could never get the rear shocks to work well with his forks until he put the Intiminators in . He's got WP 3 way shocks($1500) and Works dual-rate springs in the forks.

I really can't catch him now in the twisties Hell, I can hardly keep him in sight!

Old 03-30-2009, 09:05 AM
ehc0720
Tourer

I have to say yes to are they worth it. Much better front end feel, no brake dive and fast cornering is now fun on my WG.

Quick Reply: Are Intiminators worth the price?