Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Are Intiminators worth the price?

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2009, 11:57 AM
Uquackmeup
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow. Not one mediocre or negative review. I guess it's time to bite the bullit and order a set. Thanks all for the opinions!

Ron

Old 04-14-2009, 09:01 AM
ratt196635
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ordered my set today also ordered the true track cant wait to get them installed and feel the difference

Old 04-14-2009, 10:01 AM
madden23
Road Master

I've had mine in for a few weeks now, also installed new rear shocks(YSS Z366TRL) and already had sputhe positrac, all I can say is that the Ricor valves was money well spent, and they are a very easy install. I hardly believe it's the same bike now, MUCH more fun, my bike now feels a lot "sportier" I've made several purchases that I regretted and later sold off at a huge loss, (progressive shocks, sundowner seat, SE race fueler,cycle shack slip-ons) so this is not an opinion based on justifying my purchase, I freely admit a mistake, the Ricor valves are not in that category.

Old 04-14-2009, 10:45 AM
NoLongerAmember
Banned
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by madden23
I've had mine in for a few weeks now, also installed new rear shocks(YSS Z366TRL) and already had sputhe positrac, all I can say is that the Ricor valves was money well spent, and they are a very easy install. I hardly believe it's the same bike now, MUCH more fun, my bike now feels a lot "sportier" I've made several purchases that I regretted and later sold off at a huge loss, (progressive shocks, sundowner seat, SE race fueler,cycle shack slip-ons) so this is not an opinion based on justifying my purchase, I freely admit a mistake, the Ricor valves are not in that category.
+++++++++++++1! The two best mods I have made, the Ricor valves and the TT, either one compliments the other. Two great forum sponsors as well.
CB

Old 04-14-2009, 01:45 PM
DeathProof72
Road Master

I am also considering a set of Ricor Intiminator based on the positive feedback I have been reading. I was curious how noticable the from end rise is on the bike? Can anyone post before and after pics to get an idea of the slight difference in appearance. Just curious, but I am most likely getting these regarddless since I am real unhappy with the suspension setup overall on the bike as is.

Oh, one other thing, are these suitable for lighter riders as well? I weigh 160 which is why stock rear especially is not great for me..

Last edited by DeathProof72; 04-14-2009 at 02:55 PM.
Old 04-14-2009, 01:54 PM
Ricor Shocks
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by DeathProof72
I am also considering a set of Ricor Intimidators based on the positive feedback I have been reading. I was curious how noticable the from end rise is on the bike? Can anyone post before and after pics to get an idea of the slight difference in appearance. Just curious, but I am most likely getting these regarddless since I am real unhappy with the suspension setup overall on the bike as is.

Oh, one other thing, are these suitable for lighter riders as well? I weigh 160 which is why stock rear especially is not great for me..

What bike are you ridding?

Manny have spacers you can cut 5/8 out of so the front end will be the same height after install.

Old 04-14-2009, 02:01 PM
DeathProof72
Road Master

Originally Posted by ricor shocks
what bike are you ridding?

Manny have spacers you can cut 5/8 out of so the front end will be the same height after install.
09 fxdb

Old 04-14-2009, 02:12 PM
Ricor Shocks
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by DeathProof72
09 fxdb
Ok,

Your Street Bob has a 49mm fork tube. You also have a spacer tube you can cut to maintain the stock preload and ride height.

You have one of the easiest bikes to install on.

10 or 15 oil is optional, with your weight I would suggest 10w.

Not to act like a sales guy but we are running very low on the 49mm. If we run out, not a big deal, we will have more parts in about 2 weeks.

Be sure to take advantage of the "hdforums" discount for your 20% off.

Brian

Old 04-14-2009, 02:54 PM
DeathProof72
Road Master

Originally Posted by Ricor Shocks
Ok,

Your Street Bob has a 49mm fork tube. You also have a spacer tube you can cut to maintain the stock preload and ride height.

You have one of the easiest bikes to install on.

10 or 15 oil is optional, with your weight I would suggest 10w.

Not to act like a sales guy but we are running very low on the 49mm. If we run out, not a big deal, we will have more parts in about 2 weeks.

Be sure to take advantage of the "hdforums" discount for your 20% off.

Brian
Thanks for the info. Also that discount will definitely help me out. :-)

Gonna pull the trigger once I have the extra funds to spend on it, won't be getting it any time right away, maybe by June, kinda broke from my pipes and other mods.Probably will do this at the same time as when I change my rear suspension. :-(

Wish I could do it now though.